Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 10:07:11 AM EDT
What is the recommended way to store an extra aimpoint battery, cleaning kit, etc... if I have an m4 collapsable stock that has no trap door compartment.  Is there a small pouch made for this?  

ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
TD Battlegrip or TD VFG.  I have both.  They work well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
You might want to try a buttstock mag pouch.  I know BlackHawk makes one.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is the recommended way to store an extra aimpoint battery, cleaning kit, etc... if I have an m4 collapsable stock that has no trap door compartment.  Is there a small pouch made for this?  

Tango down grips are a good one.

The other place is your LBE if you're a soldier, or your range box if your just a plinker.

One option to cover both cleaning and battery is to get the Tango Down foward grip (should be able to hold the aimpoint batteries AND 2 type 123 batteries for a Surefire 6V, then get the Otis pistol grip cleaning kit.  Its a hollow A2 type pistol grip with a basic cleaning kit inside (uses the Otis cable system).
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
On this note, can anyone recommend a gear manufacturer who'll do quality one-off or small lots of LBE?

It seems like there's a need for a small multi-pocket piece of gear that can carry a cleaning kit, a Surefire or similar white light, a couple or three of the small AA-sized LED lights like the Gerber Infinity (red, white and infrared?), Gerber or Leatherman multitool, spare batteries (AAs, DL1/3Ns and CR123s?), extra lenses for sunglasses/goggles, etc...  Anything else come to mind?

Maybe combine it with a carrier for the GI first aid kit?

Something a little more secure and organized than jamming all that in a pocket or spare mag pouch, that can be worn on your LBE or IBA...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I do small run/one off custom stuff like this but I don't think there's really a market.  Most of the large gear makers have a large enough selection of pouches and bags that you should easily be able to find something to fit your needs.  Back in ye olde muzzleloader days if you carried a rifle you also carried something called a "possibles bag", which filled the role you describe.  Depending on your specific needs either a large pouch or small bag would be perfect.  I personally prefer the small bag with shoulder strap over a pouch, since it's large enough to carry everything I need and is easy to just throw over a shoulder and go.  Check out the major manufacturers or Lightfighter.com.  Many of the larger pouches, designed to attach to belt or vest, also come with "D" rings, so adding a shoulder strap would be simple.  Some of the bags designed for medics are compartmentalized and full of small pockets.  I think strapping a pouch to the gun would get old, fast.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
pants pocket.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Put it in your range bag.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top