Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/19/2004 9:07:11 AM EST
What is the recommended way to store an extra aimpoint battery, cleaning kit, etc... if I have an m4 collapsable stock that has no trap door compartment. Is there a small pouch made for this?

ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:08:55 AM EST
TD Battlegrip or TD VFG. I have both. They work well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:14:10 AM EST
You might want to try a buttstock mag pouch. I know BlackHawk makes one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:15:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar15bubba:
What is the recommended way to store an extra aimpoint battery, cleaning kit, etc... if I have an m4 collapsable stock that has no trap door compartment. Is there a small pouch made for this?

Tango down grips are a good one.

The other place is your LBE if you're a soldier, or your range box if your just a plinker.

One option to cover both cleaning and battery is to get the Tango Down foward grip (should be able to hold the aimpoint batteries AND 2 type 123 batteries for a Surefire 6V, then get the Otis pistol grip cleaning kit. Its a hollow A2 type pistol grip with a basic cleaning kit inside (uses the Otis cable system).
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:26:47 PM EST
On this note, can anyone recommend a gear manufacturer who'll do quality one-off or small lots of LBE?

It seems like there's a need for a small multi-pocket piece of gear that can carry a cleaning kit, a Surefire or similar white light, a couple or three of the small AA-sized LED lights like the Gerber Infinity (red, white and infrared?), Gerber or Leatherman multitool, spare batteries (AAs, DL1/3Ns and CR123s?), extra lenses for sunglasses/goggles, etc... Anything else come to mind?

Maybe combine it with a carrier for the GI first aid kit?

Something a little more secure and organized than jamming all that in a pocket or spare mag pouch, that can be worn on your LBE or IBA...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:02:02 AM EST
I do small run/one off custom stuff like this but I don't think there's really a market. Most of the large gear makers have a large enough selection of pouches and bags that you should easily be able to find something to fit your needs. Back in ye olde muzzleloader days if you carried a rifle you also carried something called a "possibles bag", which filled the role you describe. Depending on your specific needs either a large pouch or small bag would be perfect. I personally prefer the small bag with shoulder strap over a pouch, since it's large enough to carry everything I need and is easy to just throw over a shoulder and go. Check out the major manufacturers or Lightfighter.com. Many of the larger pouches, designed to attach to belt or vest, also come with "D" rings, so adding a shoulder strap would be simple. Some of the bags designed for medics are compartmentalized and full of small pockets. I think strapping a pouch to the gun would get old, fast.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:17:24 AM EST
pants pocket.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:28:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar15bubba:

Put it in your range bag.....
Top Top