Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 5:42:55 PM EDT
I received this M4 kit from M1S almost a month ago (Ameetec lower) and I finally have it ready to shoot. I'm used to forward grips on my AK's, but didn't know 100% if I wanted one for this. I found a nice cheap rail and grip at the Tulsa show (along with the $17 bipod). It's not rock solid, but for what I paid it will do just fine for the time being. The bipod is great for pictures, but I don't think it will stay due to its weight. The carry handle is from Tapco. I couldn't justify spending twice as much for a handle that probably won't stay on the rifle. And I won't feel bad cutting it down if I need to. Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice. congradulations on the rifle

bbr
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you on the ditching the bipod.....  Aside from that it is nice!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
One correction.... that you will soon find out.

M4's are NEVER "complete"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
tight!

by the way how is the quality of the tapco detachable handle?
is it made in USA, or imported crap?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
tight!

by the way how is the quality of the tapco detachable handle?
is it made in USA, or imported crap?

And how much did it cost and were did you get it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The carry handle is "made in China", but I wouldn't call it crap. I got it last month when they had them for $31.99. True its not the quality of a $85 US made handle, but just how much abuse does a carry handle get? This in not a NM rifle. Again, I won't mind cutting it down to make a back up sight if I eventually put an optic on it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top