Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:21:21 PM EDT
Who will cut these into my upper?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure someone could dremel them for you (like ADCO, or you could do it yourself) but I have to ask why?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I think I have a feeding issue.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you have a feeding issue with your present equipment, and the ramps help it, the ramps will only be masking the real issue you have.  I'd pursue that first, then reevaluate your need for extended ramps.  IMO, YMMV.................
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Are you shooting Wolf?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
No federal.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to the troubleshooting forum and describe what the feeding malfunction is with what kind of ammo and what rifle specs.

They'll straighten you out.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=66
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Exactly how fat are you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Try a different brand magazine or check your buffer spring.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it is the mags. I just tried the same mag in a different rifle same effect.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think it is the mags. I just tried the same mag in a different rifle same effect.

Yep, sounds like a mag issue.  An AR should be perfectly reliable with standard feedramps.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a feeding problem with a Colt 11.5 inch upper that I had never had any problems with.  I tried all of my mags and found that about 30% were causing feeding problems.  I was going to discard the mags because I figured out that what had happened was that the hole where the mag release fits must have enlarged with use and this caused the mags to sit a little bit too low.  Then I started thinking that I could always use new mags to ensure reliability, but I wanted to be able to use all of my mags and not have to worry about reliability.  I always try to build my uppers and lowers to work in combat condtions and be reliable.  Just an old habit left over from being in the Army.  So, I put in the M4 feed ramps and have never had a problem with feeding.  I shoot full auto so my weapons get a lot of use.  I like the M4 feed ramps to help with reliability and to also be able to shoot a variety of ammo with different bullets other than FMJ.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#13]
i fought feeding problems for quite a some time when i first started into the AR platform.  of course, being a cheap ass, i bought cheap mags - all of which needed feed lip adjustments.  after learning more about the feed lips and bending them just so, the problems seemed to disappear.  

i dig the M4 ramps, but you can do them yourself.  for simple explanation, according to my research, the M4 ramps are a gesture towards avoiding feeding issues while under field use.  you know, another way to avoid a problem while a soldier or officer is under fire...  as far as i can tell, if the mags are properly adjusted and made from a quality manufacturer, the M4 style ramps will never be an issue.

HTH.

septic tank
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up 2 stripped M4 style uppers and I have no clue if they have the feedramps you're all talking about or not. Is there a picture available showing the difference ? I tried doing a search and came up empty. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just picked up 2 stripped M4 style uppers and I have no clue if they have the feedramps you're all talking about or not. Is there a picture available showing the difference ? I tried doing a search and came up empty. Thanks

Linky, linky
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Perfect Thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top