Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:05:25 PM EDT
I just purchased a CMT/Stag  M4 6 pos stock and noticed that when fully closed, it is about 3/4" out from the Tube Rear end.  My question is:  Do RRA stocks close all the way(meaning stock and tube flush)Rear end of tube?  Second question Are RRA stock Bodies (Stock Only)end to end longer, shorter or the same length as a CMT, Bush, Colt

hope this make sense

G
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you planning on replacing the CMT with an RRA (stock)?

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just checked both of RRA/M4-style stocks.  Both stop at about 1/4 inch shy of the castle nut.  My Vltor tags up with the castle nut.

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok i edited my post...... Im concernd with the butt of the stock when closed sticks out from the Rear end of the tube

"Are you planning on replacing the CMT with an RRA (stock)?"

Yes, i may choose a different stock, as i need it as short as possible

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want one as short as possible, get a Vltor.  Extended all the way it is A1 length of pull instead of A2 LOP.  The actual plastic stock is about 1/4" shorter than the RRA style, plus it colapses more.  There may be one shorter, but none that I know of.  

TS
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, i have 2 Vltors and 1 CAR and like em. This build i thought id save a few bucks on a M4 and went with one of the best CMT.  So i have to give this some thought on what i want to do....

Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top