Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 2:04:51 PM EDT
Greetngs......I've been learking in these parts for several months now and it's amazing how much information and what a GREAT board!! OK, I've run this thru the search function but I'm really more curious about the practical experinces you have had (pros/cons) with the ACE M4 SOCOM Modular Stock aso, anyone bought one from their online clearance store. Oh yeah......photos if you got 'em

TIA,
Steve

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
After reading about durability problems and rattling, etc. with the SOCOM...
I went with ACE FX and ACE FX-E. I'm very happy with them.
You might want to consider the ultra-lite instead?
 Personally I find the FX stocks as lightweight as I'd want to go.

Sorry I can't offer first hand experience, but I've read enough that it's likely I never will.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
many have had issues with the socom.  sucks its a real nice stock.  i had a beowulf lock one up.  maybe a milspec buffer tube would help if itll fit.  i use the arfx on my weapons.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the ARFX Skeleton and the M4 SOCOM. Like them both but am starting to lean toward the M4 SOCOM. People who have had problems with the M4 may not realize that there are two small adjustment screws on top of the buttstock body for adjusting the slide tension.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No Problemo

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
i had one. and it wasnt a good experience at all. it would get loose and wobbly. it would bind up and not close it would just slide in and out terrible. i ended up closing it all the way and locking the screws down and using it as an entry stock. it was also heavy. buy a magpul ctr there light and function properly. just my .02
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top