Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 5:32:00 AM EDT
My Problem:  M4 Flattop upper with ramp cuts and standard HBAR barrel.  When mated, feed ramps do not match!

Solution:

1. Dremel the receiver?
2. Dremel the barrel?
3. Dremel both? If so, which bit?

What will this do to the final finish and will it matter?

Anyone have experience with this matter? Would it be better to get a different upper?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Dremel the ramps in the receiver extension on the barrel with a small cone grinder and then polish them afterwards with a polishing cone and polishing compound.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, just what Raptor 22 said, but be sure not to change the ramp angle on the barrel. If you change it, you may have the makings of a Jamamatic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I just had a lesson in the value of that ramp extension. I had a round ( 1st in a 30 ) hit low on the ramp an flatten the nose slightly. I fiddled and racked but it was hosed. I thought about this thread...

Had to chuck a perfectly good bulleet! ( home made softpoint [:)] )
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
bj, was that a bushmaster lower?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Stinger by Mega. Oly 20" A2 upper. Only one so far.

Brand new rifle ( 300 rds ), brand new SA80 mag, LC XM193 lot 11.

I've seen comments about breaking in these mags and so far I have to agree. They started out stiff with poor spring response when only 3 rds were loaded. After using them a bit and leaving them loaded at home they are smoothing out. I'm going shooting again today and if I have residual problems I'll post an FYI.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top