Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 908
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

I’m also curious about what holster he has his sidearm in...
View Quote
Holster looks like a Safariland 7TS
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maddy21] [#2]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

I’m also curious about what holster he has his sidearm in...
View Quote
Glitch
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi CD,

Is there any block ii iteration that uses both the SF4P and the USMC KAC rear BUIS?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking for a complete FSP upper if anyone has thoughts of selling.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#5]
Originally Posted By leerx:
Hi CD,

Is there any block ii iteration that uses both the SF4P and the USMC KAC rear BUIS?
View Quote
You mean like on the Marsoc rifles?
Most of what I have seen had the KAC suppressor and fh.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

You mean like on the Marsoc rifles?
View Quote
Yeah - but he stated that MARSOC used the NF4. Do you know if they ever used the sf4p?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Yeah - but he stated that MARSOC used the NF4. Do you know if they ever used the sf4p?
View Quote
Not that I have seen. They were using the KAC suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:09:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#8]
Hi CD,

View Quote
Possible on a SEAL gun.  SEALs would have access to the MARSOC supply.  I would have to go back thru my photos from Iraq with them.

CD
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#9]
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
View Quote
I have all 3, what’s your question?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
View Quote
My vote is for ACOG
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#12]
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
View Quote
FSB = ACOG

non FSB = LPVO
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#13]
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
View Quote
553 looks cool. EXPS3 has a better lock up, smaller foot print, and only one battery. ACOG Is ACOG. Get'm all its inevitable
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
No one?

553 vs EXPS3 vs ACOG
View Quote
or aimpoint .
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Acog with piggyback mrds or lpvo
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#16]
All are GTG

Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#17]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I had a few questions really.

Looking for some input here.

Currently have a TA33 with the M4a1 specific CH reticle and top mounted RDS.

I've been considering swapping out the ACOG for a EXPS3-0 and perhaps a G33 eventually. I'm tad more attracted to the 553 do to the era and "correctness"..,

But is the 553 still in production and if I purchase a unit second hand will I have any issues getting it serviced?
Since longevity is a huge factor should I just get a 2017+ production EXPS3?
Perhaps I better just keep my ACOG?

Old photo, and I've made a few changes since this shot but it's good for context.
https://i.imgur.com/lbqvqtG.png
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Still trying to decide on what muzzle device to use on my Colt SOCOM 14.5 barrel. I'm leaning towards the closed-tine warcomp, but I'm worried it wont be long enough to meet the 16" OAL after pin&weld. Does anyone know for sure this will work or am I stuck the other 3 options?

^^Google searched pic, not mine
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zodtgr8] [#19]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
Still trying to decide on what muzzle device to use on my Colt SOCOM 14.5 barrel. I'm leaning towards the closed-tine warcomp, but I'm worried it wont be long enough to meet the 16" OAL after pin&weld. Does anyone know for sure this will work or am I stuck the other 3 options?

https://i.imgur.com/SN6uyG4.jpg

View Quote
While SF4p and (to a lesser extent) SF3p are most correct I like the 3 prong warcomp because it looks the part and it does help significantly with muzzle rise on an unsuppressed setup. the Closed tine will still get you over OAL reqirements but doesn't do as well in either flash reduction nor muzzle climb as the 3p warcomp.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Would make a damn fine wallpaper
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By zodtgr8:

While SF4p and (to a lesser extent) SF3p are most correct I like the 3 prong warcomp because it looks the part and it does help significantly with muzzle rise on an unsuppressed setup. the Closed tine will still get you over OAL reqirements but doesn't do as well in either flash reduction nor muzzle climb as the 3p warcomp.
View Quote
Ranger bat used the warcomps.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Ranger bat used the warcomps.
View Quote
Closed-tine or open?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Closed-tine or open?
View Quote
Pretty sure was the open as the closed was not around when they got them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Looking for some input here.

Currently have a TA33 with the M4a1 specific CH reticle and top mounted RDS.

I've been considering swapping out the ACOG for a EXPS3-0 and perhaps a G33 eventually. I'm tad more attracted to the 553 do to the era and "correctness"..,

But is the 553 still in production and if I purchase a unit second hand will I have any issues getting it serviced?
Since longevity is a huge factor should I just get a 2017+ production EXPS3?
Perhaps I better just keep my ACOG?

Old photo, and I've made a few changes since this shot but it's good for context.
https://i.imgur.com/lbqvqtG.png
I don't think the 553 is still in prod. I've been looking for one for a while and they all seem to be NOS. From what I have read EOTech is not offering repairs on 553's anymore. YMMV

Your ACOG set up on this rifle is tight. I'd keep it as-is. I really like my EXPS3 but still want an ACOG for another Block, with FSP probably.

What rifle bag is that? Looks nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Or just not pin it because pinning is lame and nobody cares in real life 🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

I don't think the 553 is still in prod. I've been looking for one for a while and they all seem to be NOS. From what I have read EOTech is not offering repairs on 553's anymore. YMMV

Your ACOG set up on this rifle is tight. I'd keep it as-is. I really like my EXPS3 but still want an ACOG for another Block, with FSP probably.

What rifle bag is that? Looks nice.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply! I guess the 553 will be out of the question for now since I plan on running this build often and hard in a practical sense. I really like my ACOG setup, just need to practice more CQ engagements with it so I can become a little more efficient and gain some speed.

Oh yeah, the bag is a Hazard4 Smuggler. I can easily haul 2 rifles and a few handguns at least. I'd recommend looking on Amazon or somewhere besides their home site if you want to save $$$, but it's well worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Thanks for the reply! I guess the 553 will be out of the question for now since I plan on running this build often and hard in a practical sense. I really like my ACOG setup, just need to practice more CQ engagements with it so I can become a little more efficient and gain some speed.

Oh yeah, the bag is a Hazard4 Smuggler. I can easily haul 2 rifles and a few handguns at least. I'd recommend looking on Amazon or somewhere besides their home site if you want to save $$$, but it's well worth it IMO.
View Quote
Yeah my EXPS3 is on my CQBR Block II with a 3x mag in case I need to go further on it. I don't do much with it past 200 though. I've always thought of the ACOG as perfect for a 14.5" gun in the 200-600 range use, but you have the MRDS for CQ!

Hazard4 makes some cool stuff but it is $$, like cloning isn't though LOL

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chunkyhenry] [#28]
I really want to put a SpectreDR on an FSP build.

Can anyone comment on shooting the Elcan at 1x with a fixed front sight? A picture of the view on 1x would also be amazing if anyone is willing!

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll see about snapping a pic for you tomorrow. FSP is definitely in the image, but I look past it, so to speak.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By billytehbob:
I'll see about snapping a pic for you tomorrow. FSP is definitely in the image, but I look past it, so to speak.
View Quote
Thank you, do you feel that it significant impacts your shooting speed at 1x? Is it at what about an absolute co-witness height rather than the typical 1/3rd?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By chunkyhenry:
I really want to put a SpectreDR on an FSP build.
A picture of the view on 1x would also be amazing if anyone is willing!
View Quote
Page 753

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Terrific, much appreciated. Exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Paladin556:
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By zodtgr8:

View Quote
I can''t tell the difference in closed or open tine warcomps on identical setups.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

I can''t tell the difference in closed or open tine warcomps on identical setups.
View Quote
Really? Every open tine flash hider I've ever shot rings and pings like a damn tuning fork, so I'm trying to avoid them if i can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]
For anybody holding out for the PSA M4A1 URGs....

Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

All,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the project recently just died. We want to make them, but due to circumstances out of our control, we will not be able to make the M4A1 clone uppers and build kits.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Bummer
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

All,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the project recently just died. We want to make them, but due to circumstances out of our control, we will not be able to make the M4A1 clone uppers and build kits.

Thank you

Josiah
Sounds like colt thing. You can’t get them from us, and we will stop you from getting them from anyone else.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#40]

https://i.imgur.com/2I8Mc9q.gif
View Quote
Are you one of those guys that’s always at the range asking to see everyone’s stamps?

He’s not wrong. Nobody cares. Maybe some select indoor ranges but who goes to those?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:

Are you one of those guys that’s always at the range asking to see everyone’s stamps?

He’s not wrong. Nobody cares. Maybe some select indoor ranges but who goes to those?
View Quote
This man gets it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Yeah my EXPS3 is on my CQBR Block II with a 3x mag in case I need to go further on it. I don't do much with it past 200 though. I've always thought of the ACOG as perfect for a 14.5" gun in the 200-600 range use, but you have the MRDS for CQ!

Hazard4 makes some cool stuff but it is $$, like cloning isn't though LOL

Pic thread: https://i.imgur.com/G3RK9Vf.jpg
View Quote
Legit setup you got there! And very true, especially an ACOG with the M4 cross hair reticle!

The bag is definitely well built. My preferred option if I don't feel like carrying a pelican and want something comfortable to sling on my back.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#43]

View Quote

You see however, the thing is no one cares until they do.  And the only people who would care are the wrong sort of people, i.e. government types.  To me the peace of mind and keeping all my firearms rights/not having to deal with big brother is well worth the low cost of a pin job.  I wish we didn't have unconstitutional laws but we do.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NickOTime:

You see however, the thing is no one cares until they do.  And the only people who would care are the wrong sort of people, i.e. government types.  To me the peace of mind and keeping all my firearms rights/not having to deal with big brother is well worth the low cost of a pin job.  I wish we didn't have unconstitutional laws but we do.

YMMV
View Quote
Yeah and the douchenozzles who say nobody cares are usually Fed-LEO who have a get outta jail free card anyway.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#45]
All are GTG

https://i.imgur.com/7WpDAP1.jpg
View Quote
Those are all nice rifles!  Though the 3rd one (guessing CQBR) is really moving the needle for me.  Well done sir!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:

View Quote
Look, this is just bad advice to give.  As the guy above me stated, it doesn't matter until it does.  For one, I don't know about you guys, but my guns aren't range toys.  If I end up having to use it in a defensive shooting situation, I'd rather do it with a legal firearm.  And also there's not always a guarantee that you're going to control who see's them.  I was going over to my brother's farm the other day to do some shooting and ended up going through a license check.  My pinned & welded 14.5 was in the back, and they could see it there.  It's not illegal to transport it that way, and they were cool about it, but if for whatever reason there had been an issue with my license or anything else, they could have had the opportunity to take a closer look.

The simple fact is, P&W'ing doesn't cost that much money, and you won't have to worry about the wrong person seeing your gun.  Plus, if for whatever reason you did get hemmed up one day, you'd be able to buy a good number of AR's with the amount of money you'd spend fighting the case that could've easily been avoided.

Gun laws like these are arbitrary and stupid, but until we can repeal the NFA and abolish the ATF, it's not smart to pretend like there aren't consequences to our choices.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NCState85:

Look, this is just bad advice to give.  As the guy above me stated, it doesn't matter until it does.  For one, I don't know about you guys, but my guns aren't range toys.  If I end up having to use it in a defensive shooting situation, I'd rather do it with a legal firearm.  And also there's not always a guarantee that you're going to control who see's them.  I was going over to my brother's farm the other day to do some shooting and ended up going through a license check.  My pinned & welded 14.5 was in the back, and they could see it there.  It's not illegal to transport it that way, and they were cool about it, but if for whatever reason there had been an issue with my license or anything else, they could have had the opportunity to take a closer look.

The simple fact is, P&W'ing doesn't cost that much money, and you won't have to worry about the wrong person seeing your gun.  Plus, if for whatever reason you did get hemmed up one day, you'd be able to buy a good number of AR's with the amount of money you'd spend fighting the case that could've easily been avoided.

Gun laws like these are arbitrary and stupid, but until we can repeal the NFA and abolish the ATF, it's not smart to pretend like there aren't consequences to our choices.
View Quote
This x1000.  Man... you guys got me salivating over block IIs!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Agreed, it will be some stupid asinine issue that would end up doing you in. I had a friend once almost get himself a night in the counties finest accommodations due to a flat tire. Trooper pulled up to see if he needed assistance, had his trunk open and he had his rifle back there, as well a cooler with beer and a 1/5th with a broken seal. Trooper asked for his ID and looked over his rifle, asked to look in the cooler. He had also removed his CCW from its holster and had it sitting on top of the cooler. The trooper ended up running his license, all came back well. Had he taken a drink or didn’t have everything squared away just right he’d have gone in for further questioning for sure. Point is had he had a illegal SBR or anything else wrong he’d had been screwed, all over a flat tire.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#49]
Picture to get back on topic.

Eta:  wish I still had my Mod H upper to throw in the mix.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
It's little shit like this that show how far across the line we've gotten and how tolerant we've become. I want to say I would never worry about some cop eyeing my rifle and asking to put a wrench to the MD, and I feel at that point it's just adding shit to an already solidified set of yuuuge charges, but even I'm leery of taking my MP5 to the range because I don't want some gate guard to pull a search when I come back on post, then ask why I've got a machine gun due to my SEF lower, and now I'm jumping through hoops to prove I'm legal

But I honestly believe, especially in this day and age where you can run a sub 16'' barrel because you've got some cheesy brace, we've gone way past the line of having to give a fuck about this dumb shit.

I don't have any cool pics to add, my FSB upper is hella wrong with the TA33 and surefire muzzle brake
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top