Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 908
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mk8 is officially the greatest scope iv used so far.

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys heard anything about new RIS IIs?

DD told me early in the year that they should be available in Q4.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The glitch is still happening?

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
The glitch is still happening?

View Quote
Glitch followed with the site update. Only way to fix is to nuke the thread and start over.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]

CD
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
For the Block II FSP rifles, is the Surefire 4 prong the only flash hider being run. Or are other flash hiders being issued on these rifles?
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
For the Block II FSP rifles, is the Surefire 4 prong the only flash hider being run. Or are other flash hiders being issued on these rifles?
View Quote
KAC used to be/may still be used.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Correct, KAC NT4 is used by MARSOC.  Rest of SOF uses the SF4P.

CD
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 1:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGunslinger] [#9]
Does the 4P have to be timed? And if so, why?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Sourced a tan scout off EE. Getting closer, one part at a time.

Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Does the 4P have to be timed? And if so, why?
View Quote
I guess it doesn't have to, why not though?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#12]
Here's the start of my Block II build. Already milled it out, Cerakoted it black, and assembled it. I've got everything needed to assemble this thing except for a non-FSP rail.

ETA: Big thanks to braceman for the outstanding engraving work. The "M" in "M4A1" looks goofy in these pics, but it's an illusion. Looks fine in person.

Here's a pic after machining, coating, and assembly. Can anyone tell me whether or not the KAC trigger guard is accepted on Block II guns? I run them on all my lowers, but if I have to swap it out for a GI trigger guard I will.

Also ordered a UID label late last night from Carolina Laser Works and had a shipping confirmation this morning at 7:00AM. Super fast service and very inexpensive to begin with at $11 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a buyer for a more durable RIS II wrench if anybody can provide a source. Standard DD wrench is garbage...
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
I'm a buyer for a more durable RIS II wrench if anybody can provide a source. Standard DD wrench is garbage...
View Quote
@Outrider

I bought a Hammerhead Rifle Tool and removed material from the inside of each tooth until it fit on my largest barrel nut. It's still useful as a stock wrench.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
I want this one.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

I want this one.

https://s1.postimg.org/9o82wv7c0f/DD-_RIS02_B.jpg
View Quote
Yes. I found that in my searching. I want something that will last forever. These DD wrenches are like single use shit and you end up mangling barrel nuts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#17]
Yes. I found that in my searching. I want something that will last forever. These DD wrenches are like single use shit and you end up mangling barrel nuts.
View All Quotes

I want this one.

https://s1.postimg.org/9o82wv7c0f/DD-_RIS02_B.jpg
I have one that I've used probably three or four times for my old Lite Rail II and its still useable, but barely. Not sure why DD designed such a shit wrench. At least they're cheap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]
This brownells wrench worked great for me. Very minor trimming to make work.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By white-rhyno:

https://i.imgur.com/lSmogBS.jpg
View Quote
This. I trimmed a crappy ass aim armorers wrench and got the ris torqyed that way. Worked like a charm
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#20]

View Quote
If this worked then the BCM KMR wrench would work awesome. Even if it needed slight modification. I've got like five of them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I dropped my 14.5socom upper off at my local smith to have that ugly a2ish extended pinned flashhider removed.  Have a FSP RisII ready to go...My 4 prong should be here Monday.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
I dropped my 14.5socom upper off at my local smith to have that ugly a2ish extended pinned flashhider removed.  Have a FSP RisII ready to go...My 4 prong should be here Monday.
View Quote
Nice. I just bought a NON FSP off the EE. The FSP RIS II's are nice, but not my thing. Seems the FSP cutout would be right in the way of the things I'll be mounting to it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
This. I trimmed a crappy ass aim armorers wrench and got the ris torqyed that way. Worked like a charm
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Same here. I've used mine on RIS II and Lite rails.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#24]
View Quote
There are a few that have been seen.. Here are some other than the 4P
SFMB
Attachment Attached File

Some 212a's
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#26]
Any Block II's out there running trigger guards other than a standard GI? I've gotten used to putting KAC Combat guards on all my lowers, but I'm willing to swap it out for a standard piece if it's necessary to stay correct.

Same goes for the selector. I know the Colt ambi is good to go, but how about an ambi Knight's with a scalloped right side lever?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#27]
Not much activity in this thread. After seeing how long it was, I figured it would be more responsive. Maybe I should've rethought the Block II build. Seems their popularity may be dying out.

27 posts in 16 days and 7 were mine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Not much activity in this thread. After seeing how long it was, I figured it would be more responsive. Maybe I should've rethought the Block II build. Seems their popularity may be dying out.

27 posts in 16 days and 7 were mine.
View Quote
They are cool builds but they feel a little dinosaurian. A M4 barrel and RIS II makes for a pig of a rifle before you’re even putting accessories on. You can have a 12lb rifle in no time and that’s just not a ton of fun.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Any Block II's out there running trigger guards other than a standard GI? I've gotten used to putting KAC Combat guards on all my lowers, but I'm willing to swap it out for a standard piece if it's necessary to stay correct.

Same goes for the selector. I know the Colt ambi is good to go, but how about an ambi Knight's with a scalloped right side lever?
View Quote
I've seen pics of Magpul MOE trigger guards and more pics with KAC ambi-safeties.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
The only other trigger guard I remember seeing is the Magpul. BAD ambis have been seen as well IIRC.

Honestly since you went through the hassle of doing an 80% I'd probably run it as "issued" as I could.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Why not just enjoy the rifle for what it is...one that has a robust FF rail and has the ability to be extremely accurate depending on the barrel and ammo used.  Then again, I'm someone who "clones" to close enough, right up until the point where it ceases to be functional for what I need.  That usually results in some sort of minor change/mis-compare to "the standard" clone (see my RMR in lieu of a DR...because DR optics cause SARS).
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 3:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NickOTime] [#32]
Originally Posted By gatordev:
Why not just enjoy the rifle for what it is...one that has a robust FF rail and has the ability to be extremely accurate depending on the barrel and ammo used.  Then again, I'm someone who "clones" to close enough, right up until the point where it ceases to be functional for what I need.  That usually results in some sort of minor change/mis-compare to "the standard" clone (see my RMR in lieu of a DR...because DR optics cause SARS).
View Quote
This right here.  

I have many uppers from 7.5"-20" and my 14.5" Colt Socom barreled and Razor 1-6 Block II upper is definitely my favorite to pack in a range bag and use in any configuration from 25 yards to 200 plus.  

A very nice do it all configuration in my book, although a bit hefty.  That being said, the accuracy of the barrel and over all reliabiliry of the upper more than make up for the weight imo.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Any IR lasers being used other than the PEQ2/15?

I say this as we had some PEQ15As that looked like grey/green DBALs.

I want another laser, but $1300 seems alot for a PEQ15C when I could get a used Steiner/DBAL
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 10:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#34]
My current setup

Inspiration

I think that says M4A1 on the receiver. Also I'm pretty sure his hand is covering a Magpul RVG. Pic is just blurry enough for it to be somewhat believable that it's a Streamlight HL-X
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I opened up a KMR wrench with a dremel and that's what I use for all my RIS work

If this worked then the BCM KMR wrench would work awesome. Even if it needed slight modification. I've got like five of them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
My 4 prong delivered.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#37]
Originally Posted By McGoo:
I've seen pics of Magpul MOE trigger guards and more pics with KAC ambi-safeties.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By McGoo:

Well, I just swapped the KAC trigger guard back out for a standard, and I'll leave the KAC ambi in it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#38]

They are cool builds but they feel a little dinosaurian. A M4 barrel and RIS II makes for a pig of a rifle before you’re even putting accessories on. You can have a 12lb rifle in no time and that’s just not a ton of fun.
View Quote
True. I just figured as long as this thread was that they were really popular. Someone must still like them judging by the price of a RIS II.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mattn03:
I opened up a KMR wrench with a dremel and that's what I use for all my RIS work

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mattn03:

Good to know.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Any IR lasers being used other than the PEQ2/15?

I say this as we had some PEQ15As that looked like grey/green DBALs.

I want another laser, but $1300 seems alot for a PEQ15C when I could get a used Steiner/DBAL
View Quote
I'll be using a spare tan DBAL i2 I've got laying around. Not buying a PEQ when I've already got this.

And why the hell isn't the multi-quote working for me?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#41]
MARSOC inspired
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
MARSOC inspired
http://i.imgur.com/8gF8PyK.jpg
View Quote
Very nice
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#43]
If anyone is interested, I just posted my DD RIS FSP in the EE for sale!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#44]
My Socom upper has the FSP RIS II and the 4 prong on it.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#45]
Hoping to have some time to finally get this thing barreled this weekend, but here's my brand spankin' new NON-FSP RIS II. Just cut her out of the foil wrapper today. Anyone else feel kind of bad cutting there's out of the foil? No idea why, but I kinda did. Like I just wanted to leave it sealed up in its original foil.

Can someone explain what the brackets are on either side of the inside of the top rail? Same goes for the forward most screws on either side. I'm guessing the brackets are there to support the front of an M203, but what about the two extra screws up front?

Can't decide if I wanna run the black or tan SOPMOD on it, and I'm still searching for an original Colt teardrop forward assist. Running a Bushmaster reproduction for now. Also, the UID label is placed where it is because I was limited by the "Restricted" markings on the magwell.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Hoping to have some time to finally get this thing barreled this weekend, but here's my brand spankin' new NON-FSP RIS II. Just cut her out of the foil wrapper today. Anyone else feel kind of bad cutting there's out of the foil? No idea why, but I kinda did. Like I just wanted to leave it sealed up in its original foil.

Can someone explain what the brackets are on either side of the inside of the top rail? Same goes for the forward most screws on either side. I'm guessing the brackets are there to support the front of an M203, but what about the two extra screws up front?

https://s33.postimg.org/ql57hw70d/20171114_202045.jpg

Can't decide if I wanna run the black or tan SOPMOD on it, and I'm still searching for an original Colt teardrop forward assist. Running a Bushmaster reproduction for now. Also, the UID label is placed where it is because I was limited by the "Restricted" markings on the magwell.
View Quote
Brackets are for M203 and screws in front are spares.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#47]

Can't decide if I wanna run the black or tan SOPMOD on it
View Quote
Rifle is looking good. You should try to find a gen 1 sopmod without the qd.  Ive got black currently, but my tan should be here by next week.  

EDIT: ADDED PIC

Here is my rifle sporting the 553 for now until my ACOG ECOS comes in.  Its not done but a good start.  (The 553 is sitting with my MK18 RIS II and other parts waiting for my Block2 CQBR build.)  

Link Posted: 11/15/2017 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
My Socom upper has the FSP RIS II and the 4 prong on it.  

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4562/38393877512_d52ae59809_o.jpg
View Quote
Same

Link Posted: 11/15/2017 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#50]
does anyone have any pics of Block II URG's with a 13.(?)" pin and weld? obviously the 4 prong has more than enough length for a 14.5" barrel, curious what it looks like if you went all the down to have exactly 16" OAL
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top