Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:34:03 PM EDT
Hello, I got my complete build A4 but I have the basic hand guards and I don't have sling.  which is the closest sling and hand guard to make my 20" A4 clone??  ty
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
One of those black 3 point slings they issue us in the Corps. I forget the brand. I hate them, therefor i use my own. The handguard thats issued is the KAC M5 RAS

Edit: And if you dont already, the BUIS is a Matech 600m sight
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is an image of my A4 clone.  Optics are wrong, I can't afford an ACOG so I installed the Aimpoint PRO.  I did not know about the sling being different.  The handguards on this rifle are KAC and the rear sight is the Matech.

I post it on here just for reference.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One of those black 3 point slings they issue us in the Corps. I forget the brand. I hate them, therefor i use my own. The handguard thats issued is the KAC M5 RAS

thanks! will try to re-search arround and see the prices.The only thing i know is that the Kac handguard are so expensive but will get there sometime
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here is an image of my A4 clone.  Optics are wrong, I can't afford an ACOG so I installed the Aimpoint PRO.  I did not know about the sling being different.  The handguards on this rifle are KAC and the rear sight is the Matech.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/pavil58pb/A4clone.jpg

thats awesome!       which vertical grip is that?
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks! will try to re-search arround and see the prices.The only thing i know is that the Kac handguard are so expensive but will get there sometime

I did a Daniel Defense Omega rail because the A4 is cool but I wanted mine with some tweaks.  Since I do not have to adhere to mil-specs I can modify and improve over the original design so I got FF rail, Eotech sight (personally like it better than ACOG), AFG instead of vfg.  But in all I came out with a rifle that was similar to the A4 but more for what I wanted.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check the EE regularly, those rails are the KAC M5 and they include panels and the vertical grip. Used ones show up in the EE for $100-150 quite a bit
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The M16A4 is identical to the M16A2 in every respect other than having the detachable handle.  Every 20" "A2" barrel I've seen comes with the correct full length handguards and sling swivel.

M16A4 and M4 detachable handle are the SAME part.
M16A2/A3/A4 barrels and handguards are the SAME.
M16A4 and M4 "flattop" upper receivers are DIFFERENT.

If you use a M4 flattop receiver you may have zeroing problems as I recall the rail is lower than on the M16A4.

(Those who know what the M16A4 is know the M16A3 is identical to the M16A2 except for SAFE-SEMI-AUTO.  M16A3 has a fixed handle.)

–– Chuck

The M16A4 upper and M4 upper are the SAME height...the M4 just has feedramps added in the upper for the deeper feedramps of the M4 barrel.

THe M16A2 barrel and M16A4 Barrel are DIFFERENT. The A4 FSB is higher(and marked with an F) than the A2
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
There really isn't a sling that's issued to M16A4s that I know of.
We SER issued the standard parade/rifle sling when I got into the fleet, but no slings when we finally got our rifles. We had to purchase our own.
Supply did however give out shitty 3pt slings right before we deployed
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a factory second direct from Knight's Armament

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/pavil58pb/A4clone.jpg

thats awesome!       which vertical grip is that?

It's a KAC and I got it via the EE here. Same for the rails.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
dupe to the massive a4 thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top