Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:13:37 PM EDT
Looking for experienced and objective input on lower parts kits.  Is one brand better than another?  If so, why?  I'm looking to pick up a couple for either builds or as spares for the one I've got now.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Most are the same.. I usually go with Stag or rock river just due to the fact of availability
Palmetto state, dpms and so on look to be about the same
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
the Daniel Defense, Stag/CMT, Rock River w/2 stage trigger, PSA, J&T are very good, i've used MANY LPK's and they are not created equal. it's your cash so buy what you want, but there is a difference between alot of brands. i like the spiral lock roll pins, decent trigger out of the box, small parts that fit. i go with Daniel Defense, Stag/CMT, PSA, J&T, RR in that order. just from assembling MANY lowers, i don't try to save a few bucks anymore and settle for lesser quality. i hope that helps
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only been happy with Colt LPK's, others have not just worked as well
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking for experienced and objective input on lower parts kits.  Is one brand better than another?  If so, why?  I'm looking to pick up a couple for either builds or as spares for the one I've got now.

Thanks for the help.

When I was looking for a LPK a lot of people were raving about the fit, finish and above average triggers coming with the Daniel Defense LPK.
So I used a Daniel Defense LPK.
They were right about everything....very happy with the trigger and will probably never change it out.
Go to Palmetto State Armory for the best selection and prices on LPK's.

When you go with a less desirable brand LPK your chances of getting a gritty trigger and out of spec parts go up.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The Spikes Enhanced LPK is very nice...
Ambi Safety
KNS Pins
Battle Trigger
Billet Guard
Ergo Grip

Spikes LPK Enhanced

dzc
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I used the LWRCI parts kit for my 7" pistol build and I'm very impressed with the quality of the trigger and the kit as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used a few Stags, Rock Rivers, and a DPMS.  I prefer the stags.  The only thing on the stags is the trigger can be hit or miss.  I have seen some great triggers and some bad ones.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top