Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:17:14 PM EDT
fixed, it hammer issue. thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into your BUFFER system.

Also make sure your bolt release is moving up and down with ease and isnt hanging up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Look into your BUFFER system.

Also make sure your bolt release is moving up and down with ease and isnt hanging up.

What should I be looking for?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
is the firing pin in the bolt?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
is the firing pin in the bolt?

yes it is

i have not taken the bolt apart since i fired it last, and it is functioning properly

check the tip to make sure its not broken off
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
sound like a firing pin problem, perhaps try another.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I may be totally off on this, but don't HK416 uppers require a different or modified hammer? I recall there was another member with the exact same problem and I believe he had to order another part or modify his existing setup. Again I don't remember much so I may be totally wrong.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I may be totally off on this, but don't HK416 uppers require a different or modified hammer? I recall there was another member with the exact same problem and I believe he had to order another part or modify his existing setup. Again I don't remember much so I may be totally wrong.

you may indeed be on to something!

the hammer in the POF lower is notched out at the top as you can see in the pictures...

the hammer in the RR pistol lower is not notched.  

*Flame suit on, how hard is it to switch hammers? (i can break down a 90 navy pack with my eyes closed-But I am a relative noob on the AR platform)
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you may indeed be on to something!

the hammer in the POF lower is notched out at the top as you can see in the pictures...

the hammer in the RR pistol lower is not notched.  

*Flame suit on, how hard is it to switch hammers? (i can break down a 90 navy pack with my eyes closed-But I am a relative noob on the AR platform)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top