Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:55:51 AM EDT
I am building a lower for a friend of mine, and I do not want to use my Daniel Defense parts kit I have for my build. My question is what is the cheapest priced lower parts kit I can get, but the parts kit is not piss poor quality?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
CMT and Daniel Defense are the only ones I would buy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
CMT/STAG has very good triggers at the same price as the other LPKs
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#3]
i'd recommend stag/cmt as well, has worked well for me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Same here
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
dpms no good?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dpms no good?

correct.

Some people will say they have used them with no ill effects, but why try to shave pennies on the most critical part of the weapon?

get Stag or RRA
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have used RRA,CMT and STAG LPKs..all are GTG..as far as DPMS I like the un notched hammers and I can tell you they are identical to Full-auto Burst hammers with out the full-auto hook and are different dimensionaly than production semi notched hammers.A month ago I got hammers from a guy who had real M16 hammers...he was nice enough to grind off the full-auto hammer hook to make it semi auto only and you know what it matched the DPMS hammer dimensions perfect..and that was a Colt M16 hammer before it got modified.

I will say this semi notched hammers are specificaly made the way they are..they aerent military hammers just machined down for semi only use..so I would say DPMS hammers are the real deal modded for semi auto use.You look at the area on a DPMS hammer where the disconector catches..its longer than the width of the hammer and thats how you know it was a burst hammer as 3 round burst FCGs have 2 discinectors so the area has to be longer so the second disconector can catch.Ive been using one of those hammers for 3 years and through around 5k rounds and its fine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been using DPMS kits without much trouble. The roll pins are a pain to get in though.

I've also used RRA, RB Precision, J&T/Doublestar, Delton, and CMMG.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
dpms no good?

correct.

Some people will say they have used them with no ill effects, but why try to shave pennies on the most critical part of the weapon?

get Stag or RRA

I have a DPMS LPK in one of my lowers and the trigger is much much nicer than my RRA LPK. Plus the safety works correctly, unlike the RRA. The RRA will not move when the bolt is locked back and the safety feels odd. That DPMS lpk has 3000 round through it + lots of dry firing and is over 7 years old,

That being said, I still won't buy another one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]
OK so what about Daniel Defense lower parts kit? I have one here, but I wanted to keep that one for my personal build. So is daniel defense lower parts kit good  bad great or average?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I use Stag/CMT, good quality IMO. However I have had to file down burs on the takedown and pivot pins, because they were having trouble fitting into the different receivers I have. I like the standard trigger guard over the MOE, so the DD LPK does nothing more for me than the Stag/CMT kit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the truth is no matter who you buy parts from theres a small pool of parts makers where most all of the swimmers get their parts.I cant wait for the day when parts are made to 1 standard.I dont know why everyone simply doesnt make military grade parts and then machine them for semi-only use wich most dont especially with hammers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top