Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2004 10:36:11 AM EDT
Hi guys, Cleaning my rifle the other day and coudln't find my little rubber accuwedgie.
Nuts.

Anyone know a shop in north orange county or east la county that sells em?
Does anyone have a buncha spare accuwedges that i may buy two off of? Ill pay in either cash or beer. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
if you 'need' a new one, try ebay.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Well i dont want to pay for shipping. Theyre all charging a few bucks for that, which is why id rather buy it local. Thanks anyway
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The $.25 solution.  Just go to the auto parts or hardware store and get a 5/8 x 1/2 x 1/16 o-ring and install it like this.  Works just fine.

Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The $.25 solution.  Just go to the auto parts or hardware store and get a 5/8 x 1/2 x 1/16 o-ring and install it like this.  Works just fine.

www.hunt101.com/img/119144.jpg

Personally I like the o-ring solution better than the accuwedge. The o-ring has just enough give so popping the takedown pin isn't a major hassle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to jump on your thread gunsmith dude...
About how long do the O-rings last before they dry rot or need replacing?

Sean
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 1:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
ingenious!

Thanks for the suggestion..

Did u guys put two on?
One on each end of the receivers?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The o-rings last months.  At $.25 each what's the difference how long they last.  If it cracks, breaks or develops memory just throw it away and install a new one.

I only use them on the front lug.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If you still want a accuwedge, IM me I'll send you one free.

CB
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top