Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:13:07 AM EDT
I have a chance to get a good deal on a Leupold CQT, but I'm not sure I want it unless I can get a good detachable mounting system for it.......I found the ARMS mount on their website, and saw references to a LaRue mount, but it wasn't on thier website. Any comments, experiences, suggestions?

Does anyone know if the ARMS mount places the CQT higher than the factory non-detacable mount?

TIA,
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a chance to get a good deal on a Leupold CQT, but I'm not sure I want it unless I can get a good detachable mounting system for it.......I found the ARMS mount on their website, and saw references to a LaRue mount, but it wasn't on thier website. Any comments, experiences, suggestions?

Does anyone know if the ARMS mount places the CQT higher than the factory non-detacable mount?

Yes, the ARMS mount does put the CQ/T up higher, by about 3/8" IIRC (don't feel like getting my rifle out of the safe right at the moment...). Cheekweld for me is not a major problem - it's a bit high, but I just practice to it, and it feels natural now. Also, the ARMS mount doesn't allow you to put the CQ/T as far forward on a standard flattop as the standard mount, which may be an issue if you're a NTCH shooter (I'm not). If you're running a FF railed handguard that aligns with the flattop, then this isn't a problem since you can bridge the flattop and the handguard with the mount.

I've taken my CQ/T off my upper literally dozens of times over the past few months, and the ARMS mount returns to zero just fine (good enough to hit a 3" plate at 100 yds, which is good enough for me). I've never tried the Larue mount, but knowing their reputation it should work just fine. Seems a bit higher than the ARMS mount, but that could just be me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
LaRue's CQT mount is currently out of production. I spoke with Mark recently and he said that unless he accumulates a large number of orders, they won't be manufacturing them any time soon.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top