Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 12:08:41 AM EDT
Im in the market to buy a red dot for my ar, but like a lot of us funds are tight and I can't afford the $600 for a quality optic. Preferably looking for a tube style with a 2MOA but am open to anything that won't fall apart on me. Any thoughts???
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Check for used Aimpoints in the EE.

ETA: Buy once, cry once. Skip the cheap stuff and save up for quality equipment if you are on a limited budget.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I hasn't heard anything bad about primary arms aimpoint clone
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
www.primaryarms.com

He's got real Aimpoints for sale, if you need 'em.  His imported red dots seem to consistently get great reviews as well.  Primary Arms has a forum under the Industry section.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im in the market to buy a red dot for my ar, but like a lot of us funds are tight and I can't afford the $600 for a quality optic. Preferably looking for a tube style with a 2MOA but am open to anything that won't fall apart on me. Any thoughts???

If you hunt around you can find an Aimpoint CompC3 with 2moa dot for $300...I have two, great optics.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You could do a lot worse by not buying from Primary Arms. You will most certainly do worse if you buy a "clone" or a budget RDS from anyone but Primary Arms.

FWIW, when I bought my last Aimpoint, Marshall at P.A. had the best price I could find of a shop that had it in stock. Except for Botach, but that's a barrel I don't want to look down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Primary Arms is the only plce where cheap and quality come together...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Primary Arms </thread>

I've got the M3 clone w/ 3x magnifier. Although I've only been to the range a couple times it is fantastic! No issues and was basically zeroed when I mounted it, just a couple clicks up and it was perfect.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Optics FAQ, ebtry #6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top