Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:51:33 PM EDT
So to start off with, my initial intent was to build my first AR, however, I soon realized that I do not have the necessary equipment to do this properly.  Likewise, I have a fear of stuff exploding in my hands due to inexperience.

So with this in mind, I feel that the best option would be to complete a rifle with the best that I can afford.  Currently I have a stripped Sun Devil lower w/ a CMMG parts kit, and a matching slab side upper that apparently will go in the closet until further notice.  So now I am on the hunt for a good complete uppper to finalize the rifle.  My budget for the upper is between $800 and $850, which I feel should be sufficiant, but at the end of the day I do not want garbage.

16 - 18 inch barrel
match grade 5.56 or 223 Wylde chamber (really want to chace groups.....300yrds will likely be limit)
Optics ready, with access to quality irons.

Not crazy about rails, or the super tacti-cool look.
Light weight is a plus.  Currently have a Bulgy milled AK that is around 8.5lbs with quad rail attached.  7.5lbs or less total weight for the AR would be nice

I like the idea of a piston setup due to maintiance concerns, but DI worked well enough while I was in

So yeah, any help in the matter would be great.  I was looking at a RRA ATH upper, but I am not sure anymore if 223 Wylde is the way to go.

Thanks iin advance
Squirrel
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top