Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 4:10:08 PM EDT
I recently put a Magpul MOE carbine length handguard on my rifle. I also got the MOE vertical grip that attaches to the handguard without a rail section (MVG I think). I want to mount a bipod on the rifle as well. I prefer to have the vertical grip in the center of the handguard. If I mount the grip in the center slot there isn't enough room forward of the grip to mount the Harris bipod I have because the hand guard is so short and the base of the bipod is too large.

So my question is: Does anyone out there know of a bipod brand that has a much smaller base than the Harris and attaches to a sling swivel stud like the Harris pods do? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Shabo

I think I put this in the wrong section, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
This UTG Bipod fits your criteria. Some UTG stuff is crap. However, these UTG bipods are really quite good. Plus they are cheap and nearly the lightest bipods on the market. You'll be please with it.  They make versions with rubberized feet or metal feet.
I recommend buying it from Amazon HERE

Here is a picture of one on my Arsenal SGL-21, note the legs are deployed but not extended:

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy, that looks good.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the UTG bipod. I normally don't recommend UTG products, but their bipods are okay. My only qualm has to do with the sling attachment pin (If you are attaching it with a rifle sling point eyelet), and the cylinder it threads into. The cylinder on mine was not drilled out perfectly, and the pin that screws in through the eyelet and back into the cylinder ended up breaking. All is replaced now, but it was a let down at first.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Specs on the LBE; what size pistol is that?  Barrel length?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Specs on the LBE; what size pistol is that?  Barrel length?
View Quote

The plate carrier is a Condor MOPC. The pistol is a Glock 17 - I painted it and the AK-47 in Brownells Aluma Hyde II 'Earth Brown'. The SERPA holster is Hydro-dipped in A-TACS AU camo film.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top