Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:32:26 AM EST
My neighbor from down the road has just recently in the last few weeks has decided he and I have the same mindset after several porch front political conversations and just general BS about hunting and what not. Last night he was graced with the privilege to take a peek into my gun safes. To make a long story short he is an (X) Marine (if there is such a thing) and he has found that I build the AR. After seeing all of my builds and other toys I have he asked me what it would cost for me to build him a standard 20" A2 just like he had while in the Marines for him. I then had to go into the whole "supply and demand" story over the last year and how things are starting to come back around but I USED to be able to build a good quality run of the mill 20" for about $550 plus or minus any goodies. He is going to go ahead and order a stripped lower(under my supervision of course) for the build that he wants to do around Christmas so Im thinking and searching now for decent complete budget kits for him. He wants no high speed low drag accessories at all, just a simple 20" A2. I have told him that prices are hit and miss now so it may be a bit more money and wait time than a year ago.
Anyone have any simple "decent" 20" kits in stock with a quick shipping turn around? Or should I just bust his bubble and build from multiple suppliers t a little more cost due to multiple shipping?

Hell Im just glad I have a like minded neighbor that wants his own version of what he carried while serving so I told him he buys the parts Ill build it for free. TIA
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:51:10 AM EST
if you run across any 20" A4 kits let me know

I will do the same for A2 kits for you
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:53:36 AM EST
I heard a while back that J&T distributing was shipping kits within a couple of weeks. I'd give them a call and see how long it would take to get what you're looking for. Their prices aren't too bad, decent quality, and their shipping can be easy enough to swallow, if you're only ordering one kit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:26:48 PM EST
Maybe I don't understand, but you can order all the pieces and have one together in no time....

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:40:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Weber:
Maybe I don't understand, but you can order all the pieces and have one together in no time....

True, I can but I was looking at saving him some cash with just ONE order or shipping cost versus multiple shipping costs on several items from different verndors that would be needed if one vendor did not have all items in stock. He, just like most of us these days under the new economy is just making ends meet as well.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:01:27 PM EST
Try J&T. I am not sure what they have in stock to ship, but their prices and quality are good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:06:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dakota4CSG:
Originally Posted By Weber:

True, I can but I was looking at saving him some cash with just ONE order or shipping cost versus multiple shipping costs on several items from different verndors that would be needed if one vendor did not have all items in stock. He, just like most of us these days under the new economy is just making ends meet as well.

I'm in the process of doing a build right now, so I understand the decisions to build verses kits.

I found it cheaper to by pieces and build what I wanted verses buying a kit with the higher quality parts.

Plus there was no wait time, most parts shipped the same day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:53:12 PM EST
jgsales has m16a1 parts kits, does anyone have any information on these?
Top Top