Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/10/2003 9:29:13 AM EDT
About 2 months ago, I got to shoot an AR15 for the first time thanks to Mikr (can't wait to do it again ). I just picked up my first "military" firearm, a Yugo SKS last Sunday. Now, yesterday when my dad came home from work, he had good news. He was telling his boss (who is a retired Marine) that we got a Yugo, and his boss said that he almost bought one a while ago. He told my dad that he has two AR15's!! One is a pre-ban with a 10" bbl.!! He also has two Mini-14's and he used to have an AK, but someone made an offer that he couldn't resist, so he sold it. Now all I have to do is talk to him so we can go shooting! I'm likin' life right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:53:46 PM EDT
I'm betting you're mistaken on the 10" barrel. He MAY have one but it requires a Class 3 license. Your SKS is a fun rifle to play with & learn how to shoot on but please don't expect AR-level accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:22:22 PM EDT
Way to go on the Yugo hickboy! We expect a range report soon. Danny
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:02:49 PM EDT
Thanks, can't wait to shoot it (the Yugo). No way am I expecting AR accuracy with the SKS, I'll be happy with 4" groups at 100 yards. I thought the 10" bbl. sounded a little weird, but my dad said it is a pre-ban with a 10" bbl. I'll find out soon enough, we need to invite him to come shooting with us [:D].
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:09:27 PM EDT
all that's legal in CA??? who died?(or didnt?)
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:13:49 PM EDT
Well, he must have gotten them before the ban. Look at SMG_Lee, he has a bunch of "evil assault weapons"!! [size=1]which is why I envy him!![/size=1] [;)]
Top Top