Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:32:27 AM EDT
Anyone here have  a CQB by Leupold?   I borrowed one from my buddy & I love it! Any opinions? Any known  PROBLEMS or ISSUES with this sight? Looks battle worthy....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a search on CQT or CQ/T. Lots of opinions.

Positives:

-very clear glass
-1-3x variable, good from CQB distances out to 300+ yds
-waterproof, fogproof
-built like a tank
-excellent FOV
-illuminated reticle for low light use; standard etched reticle for daytime use
-lowest levels of illum are NVG compatible
-takes standard AA batteries

Negatives:

-14mm objective lens (although this has never been a problem for me)
-eye relief a bit short (although no worse than most ACOGs)
-long tube design (only when compared to an Aimpoint or EoTECH at CQB distances)
-sits high on a flattop, especially when using a QR mount
-heavy
-can't mount PVS-14 behind it unless you put the CQ/T on railed fore-end

Neither Here Nor There:

-battery life (600+ hours at medium settings - similar to EoTECH, nowhere near Aimpoint, but reticle does not need power to be visible during daytime)
-parallax (at 3x - but this is the same as any magnified optic)
-reticle - it's simple and can be used for basic rangefinding, but a new reticle is promised
-accessory rails - I've never used them for anything, but they're there if you want 'em

Around $600 for one of these - they show up regularly on the EE in new or like new condition. QR mount from ARMS is about $135, but you can sometimes get this thrown in when buying a used scope. Larue Tactical has made mounts for the CQ/T before, but they're a very low priority item right now and will not be available in the foreseeable future.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top