Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 1:15:16 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with both of these scopes? $1196 (Leupold) vs. $1335 (Nightforce)
Need for long range shooting (>200 yds).  I have very bad eyes and need the extra magnification.  I am aware of the problems with mirage, but both are variable so lower mag is always available.

Leupold has mildot, also available on Nightforce, but what about the NP-R2?
This is for a Winchester Stealth II in .308
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazingly, I have both.  Very hard to choose between the two.  I like the reticle in the Nightforce, but I like the Leupold illumiated as well.  If I had to choose, I could not.  That's probably why I have both.  The Nightforce is on my .308 LRS-2.  The Leupold is on my .243 AR-10.  Which of your children do you love the most?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Any significant difference in the clarity?  

Is there a noticible weight or balance difference?

The Leupold is more readiliy available, I suspect that the Nightforce may be a "backordered" item.
I have read a lot of good reviews/opinions about Nightforce.  The price between the two is close enough that quality alone is the deciding factor.  

I like the easily variable illumination of the Leupold (reostat), but I also think the NP-R2 reticle may be easier to use.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The clarity of my Nightforce blows away any Leupold, including the Ultras, that I've ever seen or used.  In addition the MLR reticle is fantastic.  Much better than mildots.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
i feel that the nightforce is a better choice.
i have not seen any recent problems with them being backordered.   mstn and csgunworks sells them.

i got mine from mike@csgunworks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top