Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
How utterly un-amazing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
[URL]http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20030929-103356-8109r.htm [/URL]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Idiots.  The phrase "semiautomatic assault weapons" is an oxymoron.  The sniper could have used an NEF Handi-Rifle to accomplish the same thing.  He never fired more than one shot at his victims.  If they really wanted to deter crime they would give those Bastards a speedy trial and then hang them in public with a Big Brass Band playing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
To quote (or at least paraphrase) a 15th century Japanese Shogun soon after he had achieved power:  [b]"Confiscate all the swords from the peasants as swords stand in the way of tax collection."[/b]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
My letter to [email protected]

Mr. Garagiola,

I recently read in The Washington Times that you are sponsoring the "assault weapons-ban bill".  Below is an excerpt from the article.

Mr. Garagiola said he believes the Bushmaster rifle should be included in the ban. Police said the two suspects in the sniper attacks last fall used a Bushmaster rifle in the random shootings that left 10 persons dead and three injured in the Washington metropolitan area.
   "I am not looking to take away legitimate hunting rifles and handguns," he said. "I am looking to maintain and strengthen a federal ban at the state level."

You realize that the Washington snipers could have used ANY rifle to commit the crimes they did.  They never took more than one shot with their Bushmaster rifle so the fact that it can legally shoot 30 rounds in semi-auto mode makes no difference in this case.  In fact, a higher powered hunting rifle would have been MORE effective than a Bushmaster AR15.

I find it disgusting that you would use these crimes to ban a particular rifle when the TYPE of rifle made no difference.  I know people like you sir.  You feel the AR15 and other similar rifles are the MOST dangerous so you'll go after them first.  Then, after you get them banned, you will turn your focus on the hand guns, then hunting rifles, and lastly hunting shotguns.  If you ban guns do you really think it will stop the criminals from obtaining them?  They are criminals, they don't care about your laws.  So effectively all it would do is take guns away from law abiding citizens.  I sincerely hope you loose in your efforts to pass this bill.  Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  Thank God for a republican controlled federal government.

Sincerely,
Phil Schmidt
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My letter to [email protected]

Mr. Garagiola,

I recently read in The Washington Times that you are sponsoring the "assault weapons-ban bill".  Below is an excerpt from the article.

Mr. Garagiola said he believes the Bushmaster rifle should be included in the ban. Police said the two suspects in the sniper attacks last fall used a Bushmaster rifle in the random shootings that left 10 persons dead and three injured in the Washington metropolitan area.
   "I am not looking to take away legitimate hunting rifles and handguns," he said. "I am looking to maintain and strengthen a federal ban at the state level."

You realize that the Washington snipers could have used ANY rifle to commit the crimes they did.  They never took more than one shot with their Bushmaster rifle so the fact that it can legally shoot 30 rounds in semi-auto mode makes no difference in this case.  In fact, a higher powered hunting rifle would have been MORE effective than a Bushmaster AR15.

I find it disgusting that you would use these crimes to ban a particular rifle when the TYPE of rifle made no difference.  I know people like you sir.  You feel the AR15 and other similar rifles are the MOST dangerous so you'll go after them first.  Then, after you get them banned, you will turn your focus on the hand guns, then hunting rifles, and lastly hunting shotguns.  If you ban guns do you really think it will stop the criminals from obtaining them?  They are criminals, they don't care about your laws.  So effectively all it would do is take guns away from law abiding citizens.  I sincerely hope you loose in your efforts to pass this bill.  Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  Thank God for a republican controlled federal government.

Sincerely,
Phil Schmidt
View Quote

HA!! Excellent!! I love when people send these dumb ass people a mean letter, not a nice one trying to tell them ever so nicely how they are wrong, unless it is someone REALLY important like the President. Good job DaPhotoGuy [beer]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You realize that the Washington snipers could have used ANY rifle to commit the crimes they did. They never took more than one shot with their Bushmaster rifle so the fact that it can legally shoot 30 rounds in semi-auto mode makes no difference in this case. In fact, a higher powered hunting rifle would have been MORE effective than a Bushmaster AR15.
View Quote

That's why they want to ban all of them.

The antis don't honestly believe that the AR15 is more evil than a bolt-action hunting rifle, they believe that all of them are evil.

Going after the scary black ones first is nothing more than systematic incrementalism toward the ultimate objective.

Trying to change an antis mind is a complete waste of time-it will never, ever work so don't bother trying.

Our only hope is to work to eliminate their power via our vote and grassroots lobbying-and also to introduce as many friends as possible to the shooting sports.

To consider the antis misguided is one thing. To consider then fools is quite another. They know how to play the fear and hysteria card better than anyone else.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top