Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 5:03:17 AM EDT
I just saw them today for the first time, r they new or have they been out for a while, are they any good. By good i mean comperable to surefire
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If their taclights are anywhere near as good as their lasers then I would suspect that they are very high quality indeed.

One of my shooting buddies has a laser devices BLAST unit mounted on his USP. It appears to be a well built piece of gear-albeit a little bulky for what it is.

I have a laser devices LAS/TAC visible laser aimer that has spent most of it's life on a Benelli shotgun. Despite my best efforts I can't seem to break the damn thing

Here is my LAS/TAC next to a 223 round for size comparison:

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I know their old (VERY old) lasers must have been built pretty well. I have a vintage 1987 Laserscope made by Laser Devices - it a genuine helium-neon gas laser! Measures over a foot long. I got mine with my class 3 RR deal, and was surprised to see that it still works well! Bright as hell too! Not very convenient though, and it eats AA batteries like Rosie on a donut. It's a neat conversation piece, but not much more. That God for laser diodes!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Laser Devices Operator series of lights are a quality piece of gear. Here are specs on them:

Waterproof to 20M
Aircraft grade T-6 Aluminum
Interchangeable switch assemblies
Shock Isolated Bezel
Xenon bulb
1 and half hours of run time
Rate at 95 Lumens, but would say that it is 65 Lumens
Made in the USA

You can get them with an ARMS #17 throw lever mount or with a 1913 ring.  They come with a straight pressure switch, or a coiled switch. They come in 3, 6 and 9 volts and you can get them with a momentary/constant on, kill switch and with a ON/OFF toggle switch.

As far as I am concerned these are the best value for a weapon light. They are not equal to SureFire, but are a close second!

The model pictured below is the 21123 and is $230 delivered. I just sold a bunch of these to a Maryland Police Department! If you just went with the standard tape switch, the price drops to $189 delivered...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Would you say that the pictured 21123 is better, worse, or the same as the stream light mx 3 series lights in terms of quality , reliability, cost factor?

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it just me or yrs ago, wasn't Surefire & Laser Devices the same company, think I still have some old brochures, is this how you spell "brochures" doesn't look right, oh-well!

teamroper2004
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 2:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
SureFire was a brand name of Laser Products LLC.
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/60/sesent/00

Laser Devices Inc:
http://www.laserdevices.com/about.asp
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have their OTAL and BLAST for my Glock. Im pretty satisfied with the OTAL so far, very sturdy and seems can handle some abuse. The BLAST is pretty good unit too, but I have one complaint though. The Glock version has this plastic mounting which flex enough to wiggle for a few degrees, and it does move the laser zero. I dont see the USP version has the same problem because the mounting is metal instead of plastic. Since I dont use my BLAST for target shooting, I dont really mind but it will be nice if they change the mounting material with something more rigid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top