BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2008 2:54:46 PM EDT
Im starting a Larue Tactical lower petition. We need these lowers guys, trust me. I mean, just look at them! They are beautiful!

So come on guys, lets show mark we mean business!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i NEED one!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i NEED one!!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I love LT stuff, but that roll mark is too much IMO.  Too large and too deep.  I like them clean and simple, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a whole lot of use for a $450 stripped lower.

I guess it would be a cool match for a 416 upper, but I don't have one of those either.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just an  SMOS lower with LaRue's logo on it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I see no need for another over priced lower. It can't do anything different from my Doublestar lowers or Colt lowers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Mark isn't going to change his work priorities because of an AR15.com petition.  The lowers will come when they come.   If you can't wait, buy an SMOS lower, it's the same lower with a different rollmark.

ETA:  But when they are available my LaRue upper will sit on one
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Mark isn't going to change his work priorities because of an AR15.com petition

I see no need for another over priced lower. It can't do anything different from my Doublestar lowers or Colt lowers

OK, you guys are WAYYYY to serious. I made this thread half jokingly and because I like Larue's stuff so much. If it has there name on it and they make it, to me, that means quality and I would problely buy it. Soooo, RELAX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

but if it has the LT logo people will pay 400 for one
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right I would.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right I would.

Amen brother!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love LT stuff, but that roll mark is too much IMO.  Too large and too deep.  I like them clean and simple, though.

Being from the great state of Texas, I think that roll mark kicks ass!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#13]
The stars at night, shine big and bright, (clap clap clap clap) Deep in the heart of texas!

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell Yeah!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark did say it was about time for the next LaRue team member email....and there sure are a lot of pictures of that lower lately...
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#17]
LaRue is free to make whatever products they want.

We begged them for a .22 conversion and I don't see that happening.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell Yeah!

+1
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't you only get one if you've bought a stealth upper?
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
You would get better reposnses in the LT industry forum.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I certainly wouldn't mind having it as an option!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Mark,

I have purchased two of your stripped uppers in the past an A3 and M4. But no lower, WHY.......... So whats the word Mark?? Are you going to come across, step up to the plate and make EVERY ONE ON PLANET EARTH HAPPY??  ............  Remember Mark, this is the "Year of LaRue and AR15.com" EVERYTHING AR??  WE NEED HELP HERE!

Ya know Mark, I really don't want to match that SunDevil lower (great product however) with a LaRue M4 upper.   HELP

Nevadasun
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
little too robo cop for my taste
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
LaRue is free to make whatever products they want.

We begged them for a .22 conversion and I don't see that happening.

Look what happens when they do make what we want? Look at how fast that FUG went, just because it hasn't come yet doesn't mean it won't. They don't want to throw 200 of 'em out there and have another 20,000 people left high and dry. There're so many things people are demanding from LaRue how can we expect them to get anything done? They're already busy as can be, they can't have too much time to develop new products. They are, after all, only human.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd buy 'em!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ssshhhhhh

eta: I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right I would.

Amen brother!!!

yeah, my kosher spending habbits come equipped with sausage curls, and i'd probably even pony up for one just to support Larue...

hey mark, thanks for all the schwagg!..
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
All that roll mark says to me is - "steers and queers"

I dig Larue's stuff and I like doing business with them but the whole charge more money for the roll mark is BS.  Especially if they are restamping another manufacturer (like most lowers are).  Looks like it is made in Grants Pass Oregon?  I know another pretty reputable AR vendor in that same town...... and they have a way cool roll mark, way cooler and I think it carries more prestige with it as well.

I'm building a gun on a Fulton Armory Lower, check this roll mark out.  Have you ever seen something so striking, it just spews tacti-cool....   There I said it, now the thread is surely going down hill...

"Fulton Armory, our roll mark can kick your roll marks ass"

Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
are you telling me that fucker is $400.00 - stripped?

I feel a whole lot better about my 4 Anvils I picked up today for the same price. This place is getting bizarre.

Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I dig Larue's stuff and I like doing business with them but the whole charge more money for the roll mark is BS.  Especially if they are restamping another manufacturer (like most lowers are).  Looks like it is made in Grants Pass Oregon?  I know another pretty reputable AR vendor in that same town...... and they have a way cool roll mark, way cooler and I think it carries more prestige with it as well.

I'm building a gun on a Fulton Armory Lower, check this roll mark out.  Have you ever seen something so striking, it just spews tacti-cool....   There I said it, now the thread is surely going down hill...

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/tbarringhaus/FultonArmory003.jpg

Are you talking shit about how much LaRue charges for something they don't even sell yet?  Do you have some insider info into what the price will be for an LaRue lower when they become available?  It's no secret who made the LaRue lowers that have been shown on here and at SHOT.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

IMO, that lower looks like hell. I'd rather pay 500 for a LaRue lower than 50 for that...
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking shit about how much LaRue charges for something they don't even sell yet?  Do you have some insider info into what the price will be for an LaRue lower when they become available?  It's no secret who made the LaRue lowers that have been shown on here and at SHOT.  

I'm not talking shit about anyone, as I said I like Larue's stuff and have bought alot of it.  Seems some other folks on here have already determined what the price is (I think I heard $400) I'm just saying that I do't agree with anyone (even Larue IF they did) that charges more for the same product because of the name on it.  I know it happens all the time but I just am not that big into what the name is on the side.  If I know that someone else makes the same thing for less, the exact same thing I will buy it even thought their roll mark (or whatever is not as cool)  I can say that right NicholsMF?

Relax man, don't get your Larue Tactical panties in a wad.  I'll restate it again, I like Larue and do business with them and will continue to do so.  I just may not be as big a fan as you are of them.

"Larue might be the answer"
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMO, that lower looks like hell. I'd rather pay 500 for a LaRue lower than 50 for that...

Your perrogative sir - This is going to be my first build and it is going to be a lo buck Carbine truck gun for kicking around.

I already have a Sabre SPR with almost $4K into it and a Noveske with a little over $3K into it and they look and perform real well.  I have oonly been into this AR game for about two months, give me a little time and I'll start buying some nicer guns (and lowers) so that you can critique them...  I'm just having some fun here and I hope you guys have a sense of humor.  I you don't then I can't fix that....

I have to show you a pic at this point because I love these two guns.....

Link Posted: 5/13/2008 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd buy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha - getting good now. We have $500.00. Do we have anybody that would pay $600 for a stripped lower, do I hear 6? 6?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking shit about anyone, as I said I like Larue's stuff and have bought alot of it.  Seems some other folks on here have already determined what the price is (I think I heard $400) I'm just saying that I do't agree with anyone (even Larue IF they did) that charges more for the same product because of the name on it.  I know it happens all the time but I just am not that big into what the name is on the side.  If I know that someone else makes the same thing for less, the exact same thing I will buy it even thought their roll mark (or whatever is not as cool)  I can say that right NicholsMF?
Relax man, don't get your Larue Tactical panties in a wad.  I'll restate it again, I like Larue and do business with them and will continue to do so.  I just may not be as big a fan as you are of them.

You can say anything you wish.  

And who's panties are in a wad, I simply asked you two questions.  If you knew the price for the lowers and if you were talkign shit.  Thanks for the quick reply
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I think its overpriced, and offers no real advantage over a $99 Stag Arms Lower. This is not just for LaRue's billet lower, but ALL billet lowers.

Link Posted: 5/13/2008 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can say anything you wish.  

And who's panties are in a wad, I simply asked you two questions.  If you knew the price for the lowers and if you were talkign shit.

Cool bro - sorry if I jumped the gun.

OT - where you be in the land of the rising sun?  I have spent time at Yokosuka, Atsugi, Ikego, Kamiseya nd Sasebo City (Nagasaki) and no I am not military, just sell them "stuff".  We are looking at some "work" at Okinawa and Kadena but I have never been there.  You military?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to give this thread a bump. For those of you that haven't checked the LaRue Industry forum lately these lowers have been confirmed and a rough release window has been given. Price hasn't been set yet, and initially they'll only be available to those who own/are purchasing Stealth uppers.

ETA: Grammer
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#41]
There is only one billet lower I want, and it's not LaRue's...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry for the newb question, What is the roll mark?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
What is on the other side (left side) of the Magwell? An armadillo would be cool, better than a deer or a snake in my opinion. Have never seen the rifle/manufacturer info on the right side.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]
This is the only thing holding me back from buying a Stealth Upper Assembly.

I would like to build an "All" Larue AR15.

All the stuff I have gotten from them is absolutely top shelf.

Great to Deal with too!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
What is on the other side (left side) of the Magwell? An armadillo would be cool, better than a deer or a snake in my opinion. Have never seen the rifle/manufacturer info on the right side.  

Pretty sure its nothing. Looks like they had to put the roll mark on the opposite side since Texas is so FUGgin big. Sorry, couldn't resist. Assuming both of these rifles have Larue lowers you can see that there is nothing on the other side.

I agree about the dillo, I think it would have been cool to have a dillo as the roll mark rather than the logo.

Not a huge fan of the roll mark in general but I can understand how Texas boys would go for it. I'd do the same if I lived there.

As for the supposed price tag, that is pretty damn steep. It seems to all be speculation at this point so I'd wait until something more official comes out.

As for the request threads and the like, I understand the enthusiasm and I have a good amount of Larue product myself. However, I would just say let them work. Have they ever let us down yet? Mark and his group seem to have a great understanding of what people want and often deliver.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd more than likely buy one..

but not for 400 bucks..
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#47]
It's sexy, but not $400 sexy.

Shit, I could get another preban for that much.

I would certainly like a Larue lower for an SPR build, but I don't think I'd go over $250.

- BG
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#48]
No winter trigger guard. I can't use it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Waiting...../.

Bought a 16" stealth upper today. Interested in the barrel. Look forward to a lower.

Keep me posted.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#50]
They look good if you're into UBR's and fat chicks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top