Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 5:51:44 AM EDT
I note that Lapua makes match 22lr with a larger .224 bullet (lapua master M e.g., http://www.eabco.com/Lapua03.html). While too expensive for most use($15/100), the cost would be acceptable with a 22lr/223 adapter for a bugout bag or the like, if the accuracy in a 223 upper were sufficient.

Has anyone tried 22lr ammo with a .224 bullet in a 223 upper using a conversion unit or 22lr/223 adapter?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
PMJI, but what's a bugout bag?
-Ray
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.  That round sounds interesting.  Then a conversion unit in a standard 1:9 rifle might work.  Well there wouldn't be the bullet diam. issues affecting accuracy.  If someone tries it I would love to know how it works out.  I wonder how much MV loss there would be in a 24" barrel?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top