Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 9:25:52 AM EDT
I just got the new SGN. Page 3 had an ad for these.  It looks like they will produce them after all.  I thought thats cool so I go to the website to check it out. www.m16k45.com
Holy frick! They want $2400+ for this thing and it has to use modified mags on top of that.
They will only produce 1000 a year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to see this one.
www.m16k45.com/m161.html
It's priced at $2450 each and it's only 100 a year! I hope they got these on consignment from LaFrance. I think the only good point is they can be had with either a 20 or 30 round mag but for that price I would have figured it would be at least belt fed. I'll bet you could get Kurt at KKF to do at least 2 for that amount of money. I don't know if they reversed the photo or not but the first picture looks like the ejection port is on the left and then in the next picture it's on the right.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
$2500?!?!!  Oh hell no! Thats the kind of money grubbing crap that will piss off gun owners!

I'd wait until Kurt gets his machinery up and going.

Edited to correct my anger induced spelling errors
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Your darn right boom_stick. And Kurt's will be a better product plus after you've worn the thing out he'll still be around to put it back in working order.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Got this from their site:

WARNING: North American Integrated Technologies products are for professional use only. Use of these products require training and complete understanding of their application. DO NOT use these products without training. Failure to obtain and comply with professional training can lead to serious injury or death.

Professional use only............ hummmmm LE/Govt use????
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember being highly interested in getting an AR that ran on Thompson or Grease gun mags. His was the only one that had a dedicated lower that used Thompson mags, but "La Francy pants" has always listed his gun as LEO only, specifically pointing out that he was not selling to civilians.

I have no flipp'in idea why he's advertising to us peasants now. What ever the reason, I'll stick with gun makers that are pro civilian ownership.

I'll wait until Kurt makes a dedicated .45 lower.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I have nothing but respect for Tim LaFrance's genius. He is a great innovator in firearms in my opinion. However, I was not happy to learn of his MILO/LEO policy, nor to learn of his involvement in Iran/Contra. A .45 AR will be mine but it shan't be a LaFrance.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top