Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:10:24 PM EDT
Is the LaRue SPR 1.5 scope mount high enough to give clearance for a Nightforce 5.5-22 scope? I hope that 56 mm objective will not hit the aluminum YHM handguard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I do have the scope already, I sold my fifty cal. and decided to use the scope for an SPR build. I have the butler creek lens covers, it will be a pity when I have to remove them. Since I have the scope already, any more suggestions? Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used that exact setup (5.5-22x56mm NF) in the SPR mount on my JP rifle.  It worked fine.  

There is not enough clearance for a rear BUIS.   I did make the bikini cover fit just by jamming it in there-- the JP tube is lower than a railed foreend.

+1 on 50mm being a better choice than 56mm, if you're buying new.

-z
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for your comments, I'm glad to know the mount will work with the scope at least, that was my main concern.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top