Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:54:47 PM EDT
Im fairly new to AR's and am trying to figure some things out.  Im having a mid-length flat top built for me by Jtac and am wondering if this would work for a rear sight combo.  I want a folding BUIS to go along with the folding front my upper is going to have, but also want to put on a quick detachable scope.   Ive never seen the Larue QD mount and am wondering if there is room on a flat top upper for a quick detachable scope like a 2-7x33 on a Larue QD mount, and a folding rear sight.  Like an A.R.M.S #40L.   Im not sure if there would be clearance for the rear sight.   Any info on this or how to get a sight combo like this would be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out MSTN's (WES) posts, I believe if you have the #40L or the Troy or KAC rear BUIS...there's enough room to add a scope for proper eye relief.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Wes,
Do you have to have the 40L to make it work? I already have a 40 and I don't want to have to buy another BUIS if I can help it.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It depends on the scope. I have tha same mount with a Super Sniper scope and 40L BUIS. The scope just barely clears the BUIS. The Butler Creek flip up lens cover hits the BUIS if installed. I'm waiting for the Troy dual-aperture BUIS. It is lower profile than the 40L.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  That is exactly what i needed to know.  Thanks for that pic Wes.

Burke
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You are good to go.... LaRue plus the #40L makes a great combo.  Good choice going with JTAC also.  My new upper from him will be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Larue mount, 40L and Super Sniper scope here. Barely fits, but works for now...... Thinking about a Leupy mrt or a NXS 2.5-10 down the road though......

Mav, what ya have JTAC build?

-sc
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mav, what ya have JTAC build?

-sc

A 14.5 M4 profile with perm attached phantom, RRA flat top, YHM lightweight 4 rail handguards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet!!! We need pics when ya get it!!!!

I've got MSTN working on an upper right now for me, with Larue 7.0 forearm, 16" M4 (I don't like anything shorter than 16 b/c of velocity loss).

-sc
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top