Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:55:35 AM EDT
I've seen some comparisons of fake v real LT104 mounts but never of the LT129.  I have both and snapped some pictures to compare.  The fake mount is a pretty good copy, but it exhibited some issues while zeroing which is the reason I started looking closer at it.  

The lever was the first clue, just didn't look right.  Fake top, real bottom:

The bottom had the same engraving as the real LT129 but much shallower.  And had no markings on the lever.  Fake left, real right:

The topside lever area also is a bit different, with the fake having no markings.  Real left, fake right:

The branding is almost identical, the authentic reads "2004 APPI" and the fake reads "2004 APP Pat Pend".  Fake top, real bottom:

The actual surface of the lever that engages the rail is also a bit different.  The real LaRue mount has a much sharper surface while the fake mount has a dull edge.  I suspect this is one of the contributing factors of the zeroing issues I had.  Real bottom left, fake top right:

Hopefully this helps everyone verify the authenticity of their mount (ideally prior to purchasing )
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, didn't know there were fake Larue mounts.  Guess the Chinese will copy anything...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately there are
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
That and the dillo dust are why I order everything direct from LaRue...

Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I order direct, solves any problem with worrying about it being real or fake.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That and the dillo dust are why I order everything direct from LaRue...

Mike

The dust is amazing I've gotten at least a half dozen from LaRue, this was the first time I tried a private sale.  That'll teach me!

ETA:  this thread is less about where members think others should order and more about about verifying authenticity for those that are uncertain.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you got it on the EE you should report him.

Either buy from reputable dealer or from people with positive feedback.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top