Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/20/2012 3:55:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 4:04:33 AM EST by whiplash10]
I've seen some comparisons of fake v real LT104 mounts but never of the LT129. I have both and snapped some pictures to compare. The fake mount is a pretty good copy, but it exhibited some issues while zeroing which is the reason I started looking closer at it.

The lever was the first clue, just didn't look right. Fake top, real bottom:

The bottom had the same engraving as the real LT129 but much shallower. And had no markings on the lever. Fake left, real right:

The topside lever area also is a bit different, with the fake having no markings. Real left, fake right:

The branding is almost identical, the authentic reads "2004 APPI" and the fake reads "2004 APP Pat Pend". Fake top, real bottom:

The actual surface of the lever that engages the rail is also a bit different. The real LaRue mount has a much sharper surface while the fake mount has a dull edge. I suspect this is one of the contributing factors of the zeroing issues I had. Real bottom left, fake top right:

Hopefully this helps everyone verify the authenticity of their mount (ideally prior to purchasing )
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:09:20 AM EST
Wow, didn't know there were fake Larue mounts. Guess the Chinese will copy anything...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:12:12 AM EST
Unfortunately there are
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:59:04 AM EST
That and the dillo dust are why I order everything direct from LaRue...

Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:25:52 AM EST
I order direct, solves any problem with worrying about it being real or fake.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:37:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 1:49:13 PM EST by whiplash10]
Originally Posted By bartonmd:
That and the dillo dust are why I order everything direct from LaRue...

Mike

The dust is amazing I've gotten at least a half dozen from LaRue, this was the first time I tried a private sale. That'll teach me!

ETA: this thread is less about where members think others should order and more about about verifying authenticity for those that are uncertain.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:22:06 PM EST
If you got it on the EE you should report him.

Either buy from reputable dealer or from people with positive feedback.
Top Top