Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 3:07:53 PM EDT
Thinking about replacing my Leupold High Rings on my 10x Super Sniper Scope (yeah I know - leupold rings with tasco scope lol) with a LaRue SPR/M4 30mm mount. My goal is to have a BUIS to use with the Troy Industries flip-up front sight on the front of the gun.

LaRue makes two models of 30mm mounts for the SPR/M4 setup - the extended length version for longer eye relief - and the standard SPR/M4 30mm mount. Wondering what all people had for recommendations. I might keep my current scope or purchase a Leupold Mark 4 scope this March. My goal is to have the proper amount of eye relief with a backup iron sight (fold-down type) installed on the flattop upper. Thanks in advance for any advice. Jon

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
both should work but for regular scopes, get the standard M4\spr mount..the extended looks a little weird to me!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
J_Smith,

I use the SS10X42 in the LaRue Extended SPR mount.  I shoot nose-to-charging-handle, and the extended version is pretty much required to do so.  And don't badmouth the Super Sniper scopes, they're great quality and actually not Tascos at all  Oh and I have an ARMS 40LSP inbound and I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of clearance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice - appreciate it - my Leupold rings werent cutting it for my particular setup - no room for a BUIS and I couldnt get that proper cheek weld - NTCH that I am used to. I'll probably go with the LaRus extended version due to my way of shooting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
J_Smith,

I use the SS10X42 in the LaRue Extended SPR mount.  I shoot nose-to-charging-handle, and the extended version is pretty much required to do so.  And don't badmouth the Super Sniper scopes, they're great quality and actually not Tascos at all  Oh and I have an ARMS 40LSP inbound and I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of clearance.

Took your advice - great setup
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see the SPR-E mount getting noticed a little more.
If you are looking at a LT SPR mount, don't rule this one out.

Grant at G&R Tactical sold me this one, and gave me the option to switch it back out for the regular SPR mount if it didn't work out.  Talk about great service!  
And this upper is from Grant also.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Glad it worked out for you.  I see you've got the SS scope mounted just as far forward as me, with the turrets directly above the handguard retaining ring.  I can't see it clearly in your picture, did you install a rear BUIS?  My ARMS 40L SP eventually arrived and did in fact have plenty of clearance under the scope.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad it worked out for you.  I see you've got the SS scope mounted just as far forward as me, with the turrets directly above the handguard retaining ring.  I can't see it clearly in your picture, did you install a rear BUIS?  My ARMS 40L SP eventually arrived and did in fact have plenty of clearance under the scope.

I though about getting the ARMS 40L SP but the Troy Industries BUIS fits fine underneath the SS 10x scope with LaRue SPR E-ER mount. Originally I had Leupold rings on the gun which made for poor eye relief and no room for a BUIS. Thanks again. Jon
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top