Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:57:50 AM EDT
I'm an LMT dealer here in California, here is the situation:

LMT will not ship stripped lowers, or complete lowers with pistol grips detached from complete assemblies to California.  No, I do not want a Double Star, Lauer, bushmaster, fab10 or whatever receiver.  I want an LMT marked receiver... specifically a Defender Lower, w/Fixed Stock and Standard trigger.  

I don't mind paying a fair price, this is a personal purchase.  Is there any dealer here willing to sell me one with the pistol grip removed for a FFL to FFL transfer?  

BTW, we've spoken to LMT, and they have no problem with us buying them from a 3rd party and removing thier pistol grips, they just won't do it themselves...  I have a Nevada dealer we do business with, but I would have to physically DRIVE there with payment to accept shipment... we may do a dozen or so of these in the near future, but I want to make sure I get mine before the current law changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  Please PM me or email me at bartelt1508 at comcast.net!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Once the lower has a stock attached its a rifle and cant be shipped as a pistol lower or any other kind of lower and all LMT lowers come from the factory with stocks attached.  Are you allowed to import such lowers into California?  I thought this was a no-no?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the EE.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Once the lower has a stock attached its a rifle and cant be shipped as a pistol lower or any other kind of lower and all LMT lowers come from the factory with stocks attached.  Are you allowed to import such lowers into California?  I thought this was a no-no?

currently yes, as it stands the DOJ has admitted that the lower must be specifically named on "the list" or have enough features for it to be considered an assault weapon.

Right now if you are an FFL willing to do transfers on these in CA or sell lowers to CA you can make a nice profit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I cannot have an LMT lower shipped here unless the pistol grip has already been removed PRIOR to being shipped into California.  If the pistol grip has not been removed, it is considered an assault weapon by the CADOJ.  If the features that make it an assault weapon are removed prior to being shipped, it is completely legal as it is not a named lower receiver.

Right now we are selling a number of aftermarket receivers in our store, Vulcan, Lauer, Fab10, but LMT will not remove the pistol grips.  They told us that if we could arrainge an out of state dealer to take shipment, and then remove the pistol grip, that they would have no problem with that.  They did refer us to Lauer, but we already have product from them.

I work for a gun shop, and we are on file with LMT and have purchased a number of uppers from them and they have no problems with this.  I just want a LMT marked lower in case they do become named so I can later register it and build up a complete factory gun.  Anyways, help would be appreciated, and I know what dealer cost is, and I know what I'm willing to pay as a private individual.  I'm not expecting any 'break', just the opportunity to purchase one of these before they become named.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone?

Good luck and free bump for your endeavors. This whole California ban thing is utterly re-g.d.-diculous. I live in the somewhat free state of North Carolina. I really feel for you guys in California and New York and places with the same sort of nonsense.

Come on over to North Carolina. We're friendly folks. You can have any kind of gun you like as long as it's not select fire (this goes back to some stupid anti-gangster law from 1928 or something as equally silly as the CA Assault Weapons Ban). We've got mountains, beaches, and everything in between. I sure do like calling North Carolina "home".

Again, good luck. California's logic defies me. I can't comprehend what they hope to accomplish with their gun bans (except the banning of ALL guns).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you should just get what you can while you can.

This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity & you shouldn't mess it up over a rollmark.

JMHO....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm an LMT dealer here in California,

and you can't get them to ship you a stipped lower?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
No,  LMT won't send stripped lowers, only complete ones.  I wish I could move out of state, that's just not realistic for me right now.

As for not missing out on the opportunity, I do have a Lauer receiver set aside...  And yeah, I know I'll pay extra for the LMT rollmark, but since there is only this chance to buy these receivers, I want what I want.  lol.  

Still hoping for another LMT dealer to help one out.  You can call LMT...  we're on file

Mike
http://www.gunexchange.com
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
So why can't you go onto the EE here, buy a LMT lower, have the dealer strip it for you and ship it?

No trying to be a smart-ass, just trying to understand the messed up state you live in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Question: must you buy from a dealer?  Can you buy from a private party here and haved it stripped and shipped to you?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the same boat here in CA.  I would love an LMT lower and have been looking for them, but not too excited about the others available around town.  I know a lot of the lowers out there are made by LMT, but there's a bit of psychology acting on me and I want an LMT unit.

An LMT dealer could strip it down from a build lower, but they want $350 or more.  I'd rather have 2 Lauers, then have to pay $350 for parts I cannot have.

If anyone knows of a stripped LMT lower out there, send me an IM.  I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad to know I'm not the only one on the hunt for a LMT.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
just get the lauer receivers. lauers are made by lmt.  i am also in the same boat in california. i just picked up two lauers for build.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
My brother in law saw LMT complete lower for sale with SOPMOD at a dealer in SoCal when he picked up his 3 lowers.  Prices are in the mid $500 and he told me it wasn't even the 2-stage trigger option.  They will sell this complete LMT kit but when you take delivery, you have to physically remove the pistol grip or something to this extent.  PIRATE14 on Calgun.net is the FFL whom also has FFL in other states so he cal bring this in for you if you like.  He's making a killing right now with all these lowers from what  I was told.  I wanted to help my Bro. in-law out with these receivers but he can't find any FFL whom is willing to do the transfer for him.  All these FFL that are in the lower business in CA are interested in the profit for the lower and not the measly transfer fee.  It was more easy for him to buy direct from the imported/dealer.

Dont you just love LMT lower to go with the MRP upper?  My brother wanted to also buy an LMT lower but he's going to get 2 more receiver for the price of the LMT colwatershooters.com is charging.  

GOOD LUCK!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top