Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:32:35 PM EDT
I have a nice build with a Daniel Defense 12.0 FSP Quad rail.  Even though i love the gun and its all top quality, im not sure its what im really looking for.  its very front heavy.  I like the look of the LMT MRP and of course i cant complain about how quick it is to chance barrels but not sure if its worth the change.  Wanted to hear what people think of LMT in comparision to Daniel Defense.  Both quality but is it worth the change?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I really don't understand the comparison.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess the real question is, what would you rather have?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That is better. You are really comparing two products that are not similar in anyway. One is just a forend, the other is an entire system with many unique characteristics. I just purchased an MRP if that answers your question. I will let you know how I like it in a few days.

ETA: After reading your poll at the top "Which COMPANY do you like better?" while both companies make great products I dont think DD is making the same things that LMT are making or vice versa. They both make great products for the market share they are aiming at. If I was looking for just a handguard, I would probably go with DD. If I am looking for a gun or stock or anything like that I will go with LMT because they offer that product.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I understand what you're getting at, basically monolithic vs pseudomonolithic. I have an MRP upper, and love it. That said, unless you really like your optics far from the upper, it's not going to make a huge difference. The luxury of the MRP is that if you're going to have a couple length uppers (14.5, 18, 10.5, etc) you only need 1 rail and if you're really good, may get away with one optic - that's a lot of money saved. That said, if you're not interested in doing that, I'm not sure your going to see any real benefit to going with the MRP, and you're stuck with a proprietary barrel.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Idk, I have a 16" barrel right now and I am looking to switch it to a 14.5".  I've also always been unhappy with weight distribution of my current setup.  So in looking to buy a 14.5" barrel, I kind of drifted off and started to think about changing my whole setup into a carbine.  I like the look of the long quad rail with little barrel exposed but the weight sucks when it comes to target acquisition free standing.  The LMT looks nice and I'm considering buying with a 14.5" barrel rather than just changing mine.  I just don't know if I'm getting carried away.  I tend to do that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The MRP is also very front heavy, so you might want to take that into consideration also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top