Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
I recently purchased an LMT upper and am now looking for a new lower to make a complete rifle.  I do have some questions though.  The LMT lower with stock is $330 ish and other brands can be had as low as $210ish.  Thats a big difference.  So I guess is there  a bonus to buying the LMT other than having a matching rifle?  Please enlighten me!

Dustin
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My resale value was better with the whole set up as an LMT.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
And you'll have a matching rifle.

Also--If you want a SOPMOD, you might save a few bucks by getting an LMT lower that already has one installed.

ETA:  And by "save a few bucks," I'm just talking about the SOPMOD part.  You'll still be paying an extra hundred bucks for the lower.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What lowers are you looking at that came in around $210? I went with an LMT lower for my build and based on the parts that I wanted in a lower, they were all coming in around $250-300+ anyway (prior to transfer fees). At that point I could just special order an LMT through my FFL and come out pretty close.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 What everyone said.

I just wanted to add a few more advantages getting the LMT lower.

I have the whole LMT carbine and the upper to lower fit is perfect not loose or too tight.

The finish matches well.

The buffer tube of LMT have three drain holes in the last rearmost three detents of the tube, standard tubes have only one drain hole.

You will get a free TangoDown Battlegrip with your lower.

Pic of my LMT link

Another pic with optics link
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have held a thousand AR15/M16's in my lifetime, probably more. GM, Clot, Oly, DPMS, Stag, Mega, you name it.

I have never seen much difference, save cast/forged, felt much difference, save finishes, but that LMT complete rifle, I dont know what it is about that damn rifle, it just feels better than all the rest of them. Period.

I dont own an LMT, and have no plans to do any changing of my arrangement as of right now, but I do know, in my hands, to my senses, that damn thing LMT is building feels like the best complete AR15 I have ever held.

<shrug>
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends, what is more important to you, looks or function; but the differences in function are relatively minor, so it's not an easy choice.

If you want the prettiest lower, get one made by CMT (Stag, RRA, or Denny's GTS and several other similar lowers).  My RRA lower is machined better and has many extra places that were machined and deburred where the LMT was not.  It also has a smooth, rich black finish.

The LMT works fine.  Mine is purple (under artificial light) , but the finish doesn't have the outer layer that can chip that seems to be on lots of receivers these days   (RRA included) .  Some vendors (Legal Transfers) mention in their recent EE ads that the newer lowers are black.  It has lots of sharp edges, and the forge seams (inside the trigger guard, in front of the magwell, between the grip and the stock) are either not removed at all or removed roughly.  The interior parts are even nicer than the RRA or CMT rifles, though, and the 6-pos stock you'll get with it is top notch and has the military dimensioned tube that allows you to add an Vltor or LMT SOPMOD stock later.

I'm not sure which I would buy if I bought another lower.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]
im a brand whore,

get the lmt cause its good quality and it matches
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top