Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 12:25:47 AM EDT
I just re-read the LMT complaints thread ( http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=202319 ) and I'm still not 100% sure which one is the problem child.  I though that it was confirmed that the Enhanced Carrier is the one designed for M855 ammo out of a 14.5bbl.  But there were several people in the thread that claim that it's the bolt that's the problem.  Does anyone know for sure?  Or is it both?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My problem was running the enhanced bolt and enhanced bolt carrier out of an LMT 10.5" upper. Short-stroking FTFs. The boys at MSTN were great about a return and followed up with LMT about it . They said the problem was running the enhanced bolt carrier in a shorty - the combo of shorty/enhanced bolt/standard bolt carrier should work fine they said. By then I had bought a complete Colt RO933 upper and it runs like a top.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Stick with the enhanced bolt in a standard carrier and everything will be fine.  It's the carrier that is too finicky.

I am running an LMT e-bolt in an LMT std carrier with 55gr Q3131a with zero problems.  The bolt is super nice, and very easy to clean with it's finish.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Better yet, get a standard Colt bolt & carrier and have no issues whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]

+1. Tweak has been 'educating' me slowly........
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1. Tweak has been 'educating' me slowly........

amen to that bro.... i aint buying anything that is enhanced anymore. until a year or two has gone by and the bugs have been found.
meat
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a LMT standard bolt and carrier and have had zero problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top