Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:03:05 PM EDT
Greetings,
I recently received a new custom rifle (AR10-type) with a LMT 2 Stage Trigger in it. Initially the first stage weighed about 3 lbs and the 2nd stage weighed an ADDITONAL 3 pounds, for a total break-weight of 6 lbs. My 'smith said that that was not possible, that my always reliable Lyman electronic trigger gauge must be broken, and that the trigger was operating perfectly when it left his shop. No problem I said, I'll just give it some time to break-in.
Now, 400 rounds later, the 1st stage is at about 1 1/2 lbs and the 2nd stage is at an ADDITIONAL 3 3/4 lbs, for a total break-weight of about 5 - 5 1/4 lbs. The feel of the pull itself is spongy, and the break is anything BUT a breaking of the proverbial "glass rod."
Has anyone else experience these kind of trigger weights and trigger "feel" with the LMT 2 stage match trigger?
Is there any thing I can do to this trigger, ie. adjustments, springs, etc, that can make it lighter in weight and smoother/crisper in pull?

Thanks for your assistance.

Corvette
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Whew....I'm glad that I seen this thread. I was/am thinking about one for my next AR-10 build.

I'll keep checking this thread.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Corvette,
I just tried my new 2 stage trigger out last night and it breaks very nicely.  I do not however have a pull scale or enough rounds through it to know if this is normal or not.  However, I do know that Denny from Dennys Guns has used these in a number of his M4s and has been quite happy with them and has not reported any problems.  It is possible that you may have received a bad sample.

You should probably call LMT directly and speak with Chip who runs the QA department.  He should be able to assist you.

LMT's number is 309.787.7151

GIFFMANN
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Greetings giffmann,
Thanks for the info!
I'll make the call.

Corvette
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top