Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:26:17 PM EDT
when i was going thru a deal on the EE for some mags, the ad said that one mag had LEO markings on the colt mag, cant remember the exact wording but it made it sound bad that the mag had these markings. i also get the vibe here on the forums that marked mags are not wanted. my question was, if a real cop or anyone saw these markings on your mags, can you get in any trouble, AND, do people in general not want the markings? personally i think theyre a little more badass thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in KY I have LEO marked mags and don't care. LEO amrkings mean as much as "tactical" marked on stuff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the LEO markings.  The AR mags with LEO markings fit right in the LEO markings on my LE6920
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]

I few of mine have the markings, but most don't.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
LEO markings were added because of the federal magazine ban in Sept 1994. During the ban, possession of mags produced after 9/94 was a felony. The federal ban expired Sept 2004. So, except for some states, the LEO markings mean nothing.

ETA: I don't care for the marked mags. The way I look at it, most police men are not versed in firearm laws. So, why have a product that may confuse the issue of legality?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Here in NC it don't matter anymore.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I few of mine have the markings, but most don't.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

I will add that it's interesting to have a few so marked, sort of as a curiosity.

But functionally or practically, I don't care.  If I'm buying USGI mags, I don't even asked if they're marked.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
It does not matter.

Max
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people can misunderstand the meaning of the markings and cause you trouble.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
when i was going thru a deal on the EE for some mags, the ad said that one mag had LEO markings on the colt mag, cant remember the exact wording but it made it sound bad that the mag had these markings. i also get the vibe here on the forums that marked mags are not wanted. my question was, if a real cop or anyone saw these markings on your mags, can you get in any trouble, AND, do people in general not want the markings? personally i think theyre a little more badass thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't matter to me if they are marked LEO or not as long as they all function.

wes
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not a problem in most states.

I have four that are LEO marked.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's not a problem in most states.

I have four that are LEO marked.

It shouldn't be a problem in most states, but you never know when someone who is ignorant or just wants to be a jerk might hassle you about it.  Of course that is less likely to happen in more gun friendly areas.  If you are really worried you might print out this page from the BATFE web site and carry it in your range bag:

Portions of Regulations in Part 478 that are no longer effective after 9/13/04
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some people can misunderstand the meaning of the markings and cause you trouble.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

And they will be buying me many many fine AR15's with the settlement that the dumbass has to make .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]

And they will be buying me many many fine AR15's with the settlement that the dumbass has to make .

haha, that seems like a good way to fund our disease.....now i just have to go look for idiots who would take me to court over it....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top