Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:04:47 PM EDT
Obviously LEO marked parts are popular for the "coolness" factor, and really don't serve any purpose.  I am curious though has anyone ever run into a problem with law enforcement of any type while having one of these in possession?  I mean like get pulled over for speeding and your vehicle is searched and the cop finds it?  Where I live I could see having it on me or in my car and the local po po taking me straight to jail because they simply see the markings.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but I was curious about everyone's experiences.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I am going to take it that nobody has ever had a problem, therefore will not worry.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not likely to get too many answers in a 5 hour block on the evening of St Patty's day.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had any problems with my LEO marked gear. Had a few people look at them and ask, "can you have this?" Nothing more than that though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Good point Brad.  Wow am I hung over this morning.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
i have been pulled over and did not have problems with leo marked items.

pistol mags
ar15

but it would probably depend on where you live and how the cop wants to do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]
The LEO markings are hold-overs from the Assault Weapons Ban

All "banned" items were required to have the markings as an easy ID for LE.

Now that the ban is over (for now) they are mute............unless you live behind the lines.

Should not be an issue with LE, but there are always the off chance you could be shaken down by an over zealous and un-informed LE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top