Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2007 7:32:31 AM EDT
I noticed that LAR is primarily known for its 50 cal and its Grizzly .45 Win. mag. Anyone have any input on how their AR-15's were? It looks like they are out of production. I'm considering buying one, and could use some guidance. This would be my first AR-15 (I've been an AK guy for years, and am crossing over to the dark side).

Where do the LAR's fall on the quality of build & parts scale?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
LAR lowers are very good ! they make lowers for a lot of people..
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
They make lowers for both Bushmaster and Spike's Tactical... among others.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
And Noveske lowers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
A quick value type question....

20" HBAR LAR Grizzly w/200 +/- rounds through it, vs. a 16" Bushmaster Carbine w/2000 +/- rounds through it?

It would be used for shooting paper and enemy troops (if they invade my suburban neighborhood). It would not be a primary (or even secondary) self-defense weapon.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A quick value type question....

20" HBAR LAR Grizzly w/200 +/- rounds through it, vs. a 16" Bushmaster Carbine w/2000 +/- rounds through it?

It would be used for shooting paper and enemy troops (if they invade my suburban neighborhood). It would not be a primary (or even secondary) self-defense weapon.

Thanks for your input.

although i own a bushmaster.
i would go for the lower round count.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!

Is 2000 rounds a substantial round count for Bushmasters?

What would start needing to be replaced around this time?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I love mine.  I'd take a Bear over a damn deer any day.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
I love mine.  I'd take a Bear over a damn deer any day.

You have a Grizzly? Factory built? BTW, a
Bushmaster is a snake, not a deer. ;)
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a LAR Grizzly lower, and the fit and finish is flawless with my CMMG upper. I'll get some pics up tonight
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I noticed that LAR is primarily known for its 50 cal and its Grizzly .45 Win. mag. Anyone have any input on how their AR-15's were? It looks like they are out of production. I'm considering buying one, and could use some guidance. This would be my first AR-15 (I've been an AK guy for years, and am crossing over to the dark side).

Where do the LAR's fall on the quality of build & parts scale?

Thanks!

LAR=Bushmaster.....
I was told a while back that if the Bushmaster serial on the lower begins with a letter "L" it is a LAR manufactured lower and if it begins with a "B".... well..... you can guess who made that lower.......
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]

LAR=Bushmaster.....
I was told a while back that if the Bushmaster serial on the lower begins with a letter "L" it is a LAR manufactured lower and if it begins with a "B".... well..... you can guess who made that lower.......

Actually, if the Bushmaster receiver is stamped with a BFI-it is post ban.  Anything stamped L**** is pre ban versions.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]
LAR is good quality; pick the logo that you prefer
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top