Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:43:35 PM EDT
Has anyone had experience with this optic??  I am a Patrol Officer  in a small city and am new to the M4 platform.  We have just been cleared to use a .223, and I have to finance this myself.  Every cent counts and I have already spent a good deal on a  Colt carbine.  I do understand you get what you pay for but my wallet hurts bad!!!
 Any suggestions????
 I'm seriosly leaning towards an Eotech, but like i siad wallet hurts!

Cobra (Kobra) Model EKP-8-18 Red Dot Sight
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sold one in the EE a couple months ago.  I think for the money it is a great little red dot.  Very accurate and very quick.  I like the 4 different reticles to choose from too.  The only bad comments is the short battery life, size/weight and the fact that you can not cowitness your irons.

I upgraded to a aimpoint and you do get what you pay for.  The aimpoint is a much better sight and I'm much faster with it.  The Kobra is a sturdy sight that will work fine for you.  Just keep a few extra batteries around.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If your agency is in the 1033 Program, the agency can get surplus M68 Close Combat Optics (Aimpoints) for free, and then issue it to you. Why pay your money when they can get them for free?

EOTechs, Reflexes and ACOGs also become available every now and then. There are literally HUNDREDS of M68s available right now, at DRMOs all over the world. Your agency just has to pay shipping (and about 1/2 to 2/3d will be broken).

Go to the Law Enforcment Support Office website, look up your state coordinator, and they can get your agency signed up. Weapons are available, too, and it is hard to beat $20 M14s and $27 M16A1s.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is your state's 1033 Program manager:

GEORGIA
Mr. Don Sherrod
Excess Property Manager
Department of Public Safety
959 East Confederate Ave., S.E., Bldg 10
404-624-7040 or 7041
Atlanta
FAX: 404-624-7055
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Any suggestions????
 I'm seriosly leaning towards an Eotech, but like i siad wallet hurts!

Have patience.  Use the irons for now and save up for the EOTech - you will be much happier.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are very helpful.  Being in a small city keeps us from getting the info we need.  Its nice to know there are brothers in arms to help.  I'll do more research on this, and see if our chief can help.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top