Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:01:28 PM EDT
I am wondering if anyone has found a knock-off of the M500 series light? I have found them for airsoft but I can't imagine they can withstand the kick/recoil.

Please let me know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:51:14 PM EDT
why do u want a knock off?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:56:00 PM EDT
Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.

One of my buddies got scammed a couple years ago buying an M500 on eBay. The seller assured him that it was the real deal-but when it arrived it was a Taiwanese airsoft knockoff piece of crap. I found out about it when he called me asking if he could borrow a replacement bulb assembly-because his "didn't seem bright enough" He had no idea that he got had been scammed-until I compared his to one of mine.

To make matters worse, this M500 was intended for his duty carbine-he's a police officer. I loaned him one of mine until he got the mess sorted out.

It wasn't bright enough because it was a high priced toy intended to do nothing more than look cool
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 4:16:45 PM EDT by HighStrung1]

Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.

One of my buddies got scammed a couple years ago buying an M500 on eBay. The seller assured him that it was the real deal-but when it arrived it was a Taiwanese airsoft knockoff piece of crap. I found out about it when he called me asking if he could borrow a replacement bulb assembly-because his "didn't seem bright enough" He had no idea that he got had been scammed-until I compared his to one of mine.

To make matters worse, this M500 was intended for his duty carbine-he's a police officer. I loaned him one of mine until he got the mess sorted out.

It wasn't bright enough because it was a high priced toy intended to do nothing more than look cool

Cjan_NH absolutely knows what he's talking about.

Knock Offs give bad ju-ju. You want the real deal even if you only plink or use your AR for HD.

+1 Take your time and be diligent in the EE. You'll get your goat.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:30:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:36 AM EDT
I am not looking for a "airsoft" version, but maybe another version made by another company. By "knock-off" I meant a generic brand name version.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By K00lGuy:
I am not looking for a "airsoft" version, but maybe another version made by another company. By "knock-off" I meant a generic brand name version.

SureFire's design is patented. Only Chi-com crap aka airsoft crap disregards U.S. patents.

Still haven't checked the EE huh?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:09:32 PM EDT
I did check EE, but not many options...will keep checking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:33:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By K00lGuy:
I did check EE, but not many options...will keep checking.

You could always make one your self.

M4 handguards
4-5 inch rail at the 3 o'clock of wherever position
rail mount for your light
light

Bam you have the same thing almost.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:49:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CJan_NH:

Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.]

Big +1
Top Top