Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:32 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been discussed, but is Knights planning on providing civilian AR's with all the AWB features included?

Anyone know what their position on this is? I haven't heard anything.

Again, sorry if this is a dupe...just hadn't seen a thread addressing this. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, guess I'll find out soon enough. Thought someone might know.....guess I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
well, they made SR25's with flash hiders and collapsable stocks before the ban, so I would have to assume they'll do the same after the ban.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish the AR makers would announce on their web pages their intentions. Just would find it useful to know who's doing what. I got $$$ to spend, but would like alittle more direction. You'd think it would be pretty available info, but I don't know of one AR maker with a public statement.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes they are...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Knights is prepping for round three 'Ivan' !
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
bushmaster.com    And they're having the "Pre-order" on everything to keep you from waiting longer than you have to.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
bushmaster.com    And they're having the "Pre-order" on everything to keep you from waiting longer than you have to.

And what does Bushmaster have to do with KAC?

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were paying attention you would know....

M4: They more than likely do not want to bring too much attention to the passing of the ban, may it die a quiet death.

As far as what are they planning to do?  Why would they need to post anything on their site about that? Its not like anyone ISNT going to be selling rifles with flashhiders, or bayo lugs...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were paying attention you would know....

M4: They more than likely do not want to bring too much attention to the passing of the ban, may it die a quiet death.

As far as what are they planning to do?  Why would they need to post anything on their site about that? Its not like anyone ISNT going to be selling rifles with flashhiders, or bayo lugs...

Just curious as to why, even descreetly, they wouldn't publish their intentions. I don't expect a full page add in the L.A.Times from any AR maker, but a little info wouldn't hurt. Maybe a small paragraph on their web page? Anything?

Don't get me wrong, I've waited this long, I can wait a little while longer...I just don't see the reason in keeping their product intentions post 09/13 a secret.

I don't view that as rubbing anyones nose in it, or anything like that. It's simply a matter of current law and future business practice as a result of the new playing field, which significantly alters what can be offered and to whom.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Why the hell should any Arms Manufacture have to hide anything that's legal???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why the hell should any Arms Manufacture have to hide anything that's legal???

I agree, though I don't think it's a matter of them feeling they have to hide anything. Just a reluctance to actually publish their intentions....if they have those intentions.

I would think that after so many years of punative measures against the arms industry of America, they would celebrate, on some level, the small victory that the sun setting of the AWB represents....and the renewed freedoms they can once again offer those who've supported them all this time. Grounds for at least some information or thoughts from the AR makers, I would think. I know Bushmaster has a position on this, and I know some Colt rifles are being made available. I was hoping for some news from my states best arms maker as well.....nothing that I know of though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top