Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:09:46 AM EST
Anyone have any experience or reviews on these optics? I was considering trying one of these out but have not heard much about them.

PO 4x24 S Rifle Weapon Scope w/ 400 m Illuminated Rangefinding Reticule w/ 5 Brightness Settings
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:24:46 AM EST
STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

I think I am one of FEW that actually had something go right with them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:50:34 AM EST
Thanks for the info! I figured at the price that they were going to be shotty. It seems the Russians never could build much that was worth a shi*t. Exept the AK maybe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:10:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By Marksman14:
STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

I think I am one of FEW that actually had something go right with them.

I think he was talking about the dealer. I had read on the gunsnet AK board that several people had problems with them. A lot of the Russian optics are pretty good for the money. I would check out NightVisionWeb. I think they've got pretty good customer service.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:41:04 PM EST
Yeah...talking about Kalinka. I have a few russian scopes, and they are very nice.

Stay with those, run from Kalinka.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:53:56 PM EST
I had a helluva time getting an order from Kalinka. My order with Nightvisionweb went smoothly.
Dunno who else stocks a good supply of Russian stuff.

Russian military optics are fine, IMO. Not great, mind you, but for the money, they are fine. I wouldn't touch anything they don't issue, though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:59:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Yeah...talking about Kalinka. I have a few russian scopes, and they are very nice.

Stay with those, run from Kalinka.
Scott

+1

Took me 2-3 months to get one of the scopes I ordered, the other never showed. Had to get the credit cart company to reverse charges. Lots of guys had same problems.

There are good shops out there. Check on the AK-47 board here. They'll steer you right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:23:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:31:23 AM EST
I ordered a Kobra from Kalinka a while back and it took 4 months to get it and it still did not come with the extra batteries I ordered. The kobra was also not new, looked like a return they just threw out. They are a fly by night company that you do not want to deal with!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:38:32 AM EST
Also check out Freedom Optics. Yuri is a good guy to deal with. Plus he has a discount for AR15.com memebers.
Top Top