Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:09:46 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience or reviews on these optics?  I was considering trying one of these out but have not heard much about them.

PO 4x24 S Rifle Weapon Scope w/ 400 m Illuminated Rangefinding Reticule w/ 5 Brightness Settings
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

I think I am one of FEW that actually had something go right with them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!  I figured at the price that they were going to be shotty.  It seems the Russians never could build much that was worth a shi*t.  Exept the AK maybe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

I think I am one of FEW that actually had something go right with them.

I think he was talking about the dealer.  I had read on the gunsnet AK board that several people had problems with them.  A lot of the Russian optics are pretty good for the money.  I would check out NightVisionWeb.  I think they've got pretty good customer service.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...talking about Kalinka.  I have a few russian scopes, and they are very nice.

Stay with those, run from Kalinka.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a helluva time getting an order from Kalinka. My order with Nightvisionweb went smoothly.
Dunno who else stocks a good supply of Russian stuff.

Russian military optics are fine, IMO. Not great, mind you, but for the money, they are fine. I wouldn't touch anything they don't issue, though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah...talking about Kalinka.  I have a few russian scopes, and they are very nice.

Stay with those, run from Kalinka.
Scott

+1

Took me 2-3 months to get one of the scopes I ordered, the other never showed. Had to get the credit cart company to reverse charges. Lots of guys had same problems.

There are good shops out there. Check on the AK-47 board here. They'll steer you right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a Kobra from Kalinka a while back and it took 4 months to get it and it still did not come with the extra batteries I ordered. The kobra was also not new, looked like a return they just threw out. They are a fly by night company that you do not want to deal with!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Also check out Freedom Optics.  Yuri is a good guy to deal with.  Plus he has a discount for AR15.com memebers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top