Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:35:40 PM EDT
Are the pins in a kns pin kit too short to be used in a calvary arms lower? I have standard pins in mine, and they dont stay in place, and i was hoping that this would be a solution. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You ned to verify that the std pins you are using have the grooves cut correctly,  then verify the hammer has the "J" hook in the middle and snapped into the groove of the hammer pin, then finally that the hammer spring leg is resting in the groove for the trigger pin.

If all is assembled correct, walking pins should not be of concern.

Had a local fella miss with the hammer spring leg, the trigger pin would walk, and trigger get sideways, don't remember if the rifle would double or lock-up.....  It was a Cav-Arm....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You ned to verify that the std pins you are using have the grooves cut correctly,  then verify the hammer has the "J" hook in the middle and snapped into the groove of the hammer pin, then finally that the hammer spring leg is resting in the groove for the trigger pin.

If all is assembled correct, walking pins should not be of concern.

Had a local fella miss with the hammer spring leg, the trigger pin would walk, and trigger get sideways, don't remember if the rifle would double or lock-up.....  It was a Cav-Arm....

+1

doesnt the clavary arms lower use its own pins?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
the std pins just barley fit in the cav arms lower. The KNS pins are the same size, but have the little screw things which might be long enough to still work. Some folks do make longer pins. I got a pair with my chip McCormick trigger. They'd probably fit fine in the Cav. I can try it when I get home.

ETA: I'll toss both on the Cav when I get home.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top