Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 10:42:13 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with Kurt's A2/A3 or Wilson's TacBrake, especially as compared to Miculek or BM AK74 brakes????

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
How loud is the KKF A3 break?  I have a BM shorty with the AK break and it hurts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushmaster that was a Shorty AK, until I had Kurt replace the AK brake with his A3 Tac Brake.

My opinions ....

The AK brake is better for muzzle control, but is ugly as hell.

The KKF brake looks the best, and controls muzzle rise, only not as good as the AK brake.

The muzzle blast off the AK brake was not noticeably uncomfortable to me (the shooter), even when firing indoors, and I never had anyone at the range say anything to me when shooting it.

There is no unusual muzzle blast with the A3 Tac Brake.

Chris
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top