Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 2:53:27 PM EDT
I just read that some of the Special Ops Groups uses (or wants to use) KAC Match Grade Triggers for their M4's.  Anyone know if they can be bought by civilians, and a price? -- are they good? or is there a better dependable drop in available?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They drop right in - around $250 new if memory serves.

ETA - they make full and semi modles. MSTN in the EE usually has it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They drop in but you'll have to adjust and loctite the setscrews.
Operation Parts has 2 in stock, price is $309.34

I have been lucky to find them on the EE once in a while for a lot less
I have 3 of them
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow - I just checked - prices are over $300 now as mvician said above - I have been living in the past...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one in my carbine for a few years but the KAC is old news.  I have owned two sets... one I bought for $250 and another for $275 but now they are like $300 minimum.  The AMU dropped them because of the short service life and went over to Geissele triggers.  The High Speed trigger does not need its adjustments locktited for reliability and it should have much less wear for a longer lasting trigger.  They make a fully adjustbale 2 stage semi auto and a non adjustable 2 stage that should also be available in full auto.

I want to say you can get the Hi Speed (adjustable) for $280 and the non adjustable is around $150.  You want the DMR version to match the KAC 3.5# feel in weight.

I own the Hi Speed DMR trigger, it replaced my KAC 2 stage.  I will say that the actual break of the triggers on the 2nd stage is the same.  Everything else including adjustability, reliability, smoothness of take up, control of weight, take up length, and reset length, etc. is better on the Geissele and it costs less than what you can get a new KAC 2 stage for too.

I honestly cant see a reason why someone would select a new KAC unit over the Geissele unless they just wanted it for a KAC rifle or for authenticities sake for some kind of SPR Mod 0 build or something.

In short... yes there is better for less money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both KAC and Geissele.  I like the feel of the Geissele over the KAC and it cost less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top