Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 1:55:12 PM EDT
I see people selling the Knights Arm. rail covers on ebay and places like that for 10$ a piece, when KAC and Operational Parts sell them for about 22$ (even for the 2 rib).  Are they getting some really gnarly deal that I don't know about on these things or are they just plain ole knock offs for china.  I mean, I have gotten knock offs before but the people have 100% feedback?  Has anyone here bought the KAC railcovers off of ebay for 1/2 price and been satisfied?  I hate to take the chance since they do not allow returns.  Since I am a seller as well I feel if they do not allow returns there is usually something fishy going on.

feel free to comment on this esp if you used ebay

THANKS GUYS!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see people selling the Knights Arm. rail covers on ebay and places like that for 10$ a piece, when KAC and Operational Parts sell them for about 22$ (even for the 2 rib).  Are they getting some really gnarly deal that I don't know about on these things or are they just plain ole knock offs for china.  I mean, I have gotten knock offs before but the people have 100% feedback?  Has anyone here bought the KAC railcovers off of ebay for 1/2 price and been satisfied?  I hate to take the chance since they do not allow returns.  Since I am a seller as well I feel if they do not allow returns there is usually something fishy going on.

feel free to comment on this esp if you used ebay

THANKS GUYS!

i got an entire set of KAC covers from ebay for $60 $35. and they are real. just buy with caution and from a reputable seller.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine go a full set on Ebay for $10.  Guess no one was watching it.  They were real.  If you get them and they are fake, you can send them back if they dont state it in the description.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
im sent

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
are there fake rail covers? anyone get a set of them by mistake? just wondering. I know theres a lot of airsoft replica shit, but most of that seems to be optics.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The KAC rail covers can only be applied to either end of you rail?  They can not be placed in the middle correct?? or can they...?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Your rail system need the proper "cuts" to accept KAC rail covers. Usually they will be at the 1st and last slots. Those are the only slots that will secure the covers. I've heard that URX rails have more than 2 per side but don't quote me on that.

Quoted:

The KAC rail covers can only be applied to either end of you rail?  They can not be placed in the middle correct?? or can they...?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Could be Chineese, could just be plain 'ol realocated .mil resources either way they are just rail covers and if they work who cares if they're knock offs. And yes, the KAC rails only lock into the front or rear slots on the rails, the ones with the sides cut out.  ––ST
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
are there fake rail covers? anyone get a set of them by mistake? just wondering. I know theres a lot of airsoft replica shit, but most of that seems to be optics.

There's a fake of any part or accessory currently issued in the military or popular in civilian sales.  So yes, there are fake KAC panels.  They are slightly smoother and the spring steel rail lips lose tension with use and/or repeated removals.

Buy from a reputable deal, or roll the dice that you're getting toy parts for your firearm.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#9]
IM sent
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top