Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:47:16 PM EDT
hey guys i just got a stag model 3. i put on an eotech and will take it out soon for some hopefully good times. this is my first gun and maybe i shouldnt have started with an ar15, but ive always wanted one so i got it. from what ive read the stag is a quality gun and i hope i like it.

see you guys on the forums and look foward to reading some posts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrat's, i have the same model, no complaint's, did a few mods on it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
2T here... cant go wrong with a Stag... I love it
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the Stag.

I have a 2T that's 1.5 months old and has about 1200 rounds through it.
I eats anything I feed it.

Congrats and welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guy, cant wait to shoot it. any suggestions on mags and a quad rail?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!  I don't think an AR as a first gun was a bad choice.  Have fun with it.

Here's my Stag the way I bought it:

Here's what it looks like now:

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks guy, cant wait to shoot it. any suggestions on mags and a quad rail?

Pmags are great in my 2TL.Can't offer advice on rail since I bought the model that had it on there already.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Make sure you clean and scrub the bore and chamber.  Also make sure you lube the rifle. I would keep it stock untill you atleast have few hundred rounds down the tube to make sure things break in.

Then do your upgrades.  Make sure you dont have any problems  or malfunctions before you ad the up grades. The reason im saying is if your new to the AR world , while not hard to fix they can be a pain to diagnose problems if your not real expericed with them.

I just got done building a stag 2h on a cmmg lower. Only been able to test fire about 20 rounds...Icthing to go out,
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a lot of Knight's Armament rails on my M4s. You can find them on Ebay or EE for 200-225 depending
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
midwest indistries makes a nice rail and there free float monolithic  can be installed pretty easy with a drimmel  just dont be scared to cut your delta ring.  
Pick up a copy of Book Of the AR15 out on news stands now, filter thru advertisements and you might get some usefull info from it.  good luck and welcome to the money pit.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for all the help guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top