Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 2:28:49 PM EDT
First I have to thank the people who helped make my insanity possible.
Model 1 for their nice quality and affordable kits.
Bob Lippman (Lippman Enterprises) for his nicely priced M44 handguards on Ebay.
And finally, the great people of Triple Break Products in NH who sold me a new stripped RRA lower for $100 at a gun show today.
Oh, and of course, the great people of AR15.com for answering all of my questions (and for the lower assembly directions).
It's nothing too crazy (yet), just a simple lightweight C.A.R. kit from Model 1 that I upgraded the handguards to a set of the Fobus/First Samco M44's. I currently only have the 2 30rd British mags that are in the pic, but I have plenty of time to accumulate more. It currently has an Aimpoint copy I borrowed from an Airsoft friend until I have enough for the real deal, but it should suffice for now. Also in the pic is my Walther P22. Now I just need to find some time to shoot it this week. J
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking work.  I just last night put together my lower - now I have to decide if I'm going to be ambitious enough to build the upper or just wuss out and buy one.  Probably the latter. :)

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great I just ordered my lower and parts kit today and can't wait.  Where did your friend get his aimpoint copy from?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Off hand, I'm not quite sure. I'll call him and check tonight. I'm not an airsofter myself, but I would think that most of the Airsoft places will carry this or something similar. I can't vouch for it's reliability on a real gun though (he pulled it off a lightly used m4 airsoft rifle), who knows if it will hold up to the recoil. Tonight will hopefully be my first trip to the range with it, so I should know soon enough whether it will work or not. J
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Im on my third build now....Time to think about your second!![:D]
The Brit mags are great...Tapco does them for just under $20 each on the web,And Im not just saying that because Im a Brit!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top