Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2011 7:09:35 AM EDT
I just bought a batch of 25 of the 30 round gray teflon coated C-products mags with orange magpul followers.  I had always heard C-products mags were good, but then I started reading about some of their "issues" here.

I havent had a chance to test these, other than loading and unloading by hand, since I am still waiting on my damned lower to come in.  I just wanted to get some input from you guys on whether or not I bought a batch of potential lemons, or if I should be GTG.

P.S.  Anyone got a good (read: cheap) source for USGI alum mags?  I've been wanting to stock up on those too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
There only one way to know. You're going to have to test them when you get them. Almost all mags have the potential for a lemon or two (haven't heard of a bad PMAG yet, but they probably exist too), so you'll have to wait and see, I suppose. Hope they work out well for you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought a batch of 25 of the 30 round gray teflon coated C-products mags with orange magpul followers.  I had always heard C-products mags were good, but then I started reading about some of their "issues" here.

I havent had a chance to test these, other than loading and unloading by hand, since I am still waiting on my damned lower to come in.  I just wanted to get some input from you guys on whether or not I bought a batch of potential lemons, or if I should be GTG.

P.S.  Anyone got a good (read: cheap) source for USGI alum mags?  I've been wanting to stock up on those too.

Where'd you get yours from? I thought about buying some from LCJ Wholesale, but they wanted way too much for shipping.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where'd you get yours from? I thought about buying some from LCJ Wholesale, but they wanted way too much for shipping.

Before I divulge that, I think I should make sure these are good, I dont want to be sending anybody after potentially bad products.  Hopefully I will have my lower next week and can test.

One or two lemons out of 25 I wouldnt be horribly upset with.  I'm good enough with tools to "fix" most mag problems I've run into with other calibers/guns.  For instance, those $10 Korean Glock mags?  With very little dremel work you can make them 100% as good as glock factory mags.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
From my luck with CP mags, I would bet money that you got some bad ones.  

I bought many D&H from 44 mag dot com.  Great guys there.  I may have some NHTMG? ones from them too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 15 or so. Honestly I never had a problem with them. The only thing I don't like is the CS spring which as I found out will rust.  Does the rust impede function? It hasn't on my mags, but mag springs should not rust.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they marked C Products anywhere on them? If so then they are probably all junk.

Okay I'm kidding about that. Seriously, I had problems with a few when I first bought CP mags back in '04 or '05. Sent them back and got replacements that work fine. Bought more of them after that and never had any problems. I would go out and test each one with a full load of rounds to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are they marked C Products anywhere on them? If so then they are probably all junk.

Okay I'm kidding about that. Seriously, I had problems with a few when I first bought CP mags back in '04 or '05. Sent them back and got replacements that work fine. Bought more of them after that and never had any problems. I would go out and test each one with a full load of rounds to be sure.

Same here. Larry replaced a few for me however recently I purchased 20 brand new 30s and after testing, all worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I split 30 or so with a buddy of mine and we ended up having to send half back.  They would not engage without slamming them in and then most would never drop out of the magwell.  Also, they would not feed properly when it came to these mags.  However, this was my experience with the steel mags and not aluminum mags as I haven't bought any since.  Hope yours work out great!
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My C-Products SS 40rd mags, 5rd hunting mags, and one lone aluminum 30rd mag that came with my Olympic all run 100%
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought 60 65 CProducts magazines, 40 55  30 rounders and 20 10   20 rounders.

The 20 rounders which are all gray teflon with gray followers have had one double feed.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but between 20 and 25 of the 30 rounders did not run. The followers hung up. I took them apart and smoothed up the inside. They all appear to work now but I don't trust them.

I didn't send them back because others were sending malfunctioning mags back only to receive replacement mags that didn't work.

I have 65 CProducts mags. The only magazines that I have ever had this much trouble with are 10 round Clinton gun ban Bushmaster franken mags. I will never buy another of these mags. I am upset that I spent this much money on junk.

ETA: One of my 20 rounders double fed today (6-5-11). I have not yet determined causation. The weapon has never malfunctioned before.

ETA: 6-8-11 I corrected the number of magazines. I checked my inventory and saw that my memory of the numbers of mags was off. I had more CProducts mags than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
My SS mags from CProducts worked fine.

On the aluminum CProducts mags. I had a failure rate of 30%.  E-mailing them never got a response (even after being told by them here to e-mail them) so I never bought any more of them.

The bad ones would get down to the last two rounds in the magazine and then fail to feed properly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you all for the information.  For those of you with the failures, did you have the green followers or magpuls?  All the mags I got have magpul followers in them, hopefully that will lend to better reliability.  It sounds like I should load 5-10 rounds in each mag and see if they bind up.

Any good reliable brands that can be had for cheap?
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the information.  For those of you with the failures, did you have the green followers or magpuls?  All the mags I got have magpul followers in them, hopefully that will lend to better reliability.  It sounds like I should load 5-10 rounds in each mag and see if they bind up.

Any good reliable brands that can be had for cheap?

those followers are not magpul, they are cproducts own variation. I had some issues back in 09 but I was taken care of with replacements and have not had issues since. This is owning 20- 30 rounders with 10 of those being the SS
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Keep an eye out in the EE here.  Several times I've found NIBox Okays and NIBag Centers for $7 shipped.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I know this is an older post I am bringing back but wanted to share my experience with their SS mags instead of aluminum.

Have 8 C-products SS 30rnd black teflon mags with black anti-tilt followers in them all... all seem to run fine and picked them up as cheap as 7.99/each just recently for the last 4 I bought. Kinda bummed I paid couple bucks more in total for the first 4 but its ok, still was fair price. I would buy more probably but stick with the same ones, SS 30rnd. They are pretty darn durable too, your not going to bend them up by leaning against one or something like that you would with aluminum.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
i have a few ss c mags, they are damn heavy empty tho.  prefer the gi alums and can get them a few bucks cheaper each
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top