Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:14:04 PM EDT
Hey, I ordered a dpms .308 online. The guy that I ordered it from had a JP trigger installed. I was at a gun store telling one of the guys there about it, and he said that the JP trigger would not work well in the 308. He said it was not strong enough for the 308. He said one of the guys that works there had one in his dpms 308 and it failed and the gun went full auto. Does anyone here have a JP trigger in their  308, or had any problems with this trigger. thanks.

James
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a JP trigger in my AR10 for years without a problem. It works just fine. It did take some adjustment to get it correct I did it myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
ok cool. I was a little worried about it. What kind of adjusting did you have to do?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
ttt
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Just the normal adjustments following the installation procudure. I h ave several JP triggers and I will say the AR10 with the extra recoil was the most difficylt to set correctly. But there have been no problems with this set up in several years of use. I check the locktite every few months to make sure it is still solid.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
There is absolutely no reason why you could not use a JP FCG in an AR-10. There are two small cautions:

1: The heavier recoil of the .308 tends to jostle the hammer off the disconnector. Therefore, you may need need 1/4 more turn on the disconnector adjustment than you would use with a .223 gun.

2: The JP springs seem to light commercial .308 primers quite reliably but, if you are using milsurp exclusively there have been a few cases of failure to fire with the harder mil primers. You may wish to go with a heavier hammer spring.

Good luck. Good shooting.

SD
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The only trigger that won't work in the DPMS .308s is the JARD, which DPMS states on their website.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok thanks for the info. the guy that I am buying it from already had the trigger put in the gun, so as long as everything works right then it should not need to be adjusted, right? When I get the gun in I will see if I can find out if it needs any loctight. thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a JP trigger in my DPMS, its perfect. that guy is just full of shit. I wouldnt worry about it, and you wont have to adjust anything. DPMS installed my JP trigger, I dont think they would put them in their guns if they didnt function properly. I think the retard at the gunshow is confused because you DO need to put in stiffer springs (which JP includes with their triggers) maybe he tried his own job and forgot that detail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one in my BAR-10 Bushmaster.......but I did have to put a factory AR15 hammer spring only in it.....was getting light primer strikes due to the larger primers......but it is light and crisp.....runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a JP trigger in my LR308B with the 18inch barrel, works like a charm. I am a single stage trigger guy, one in each of my 308(LR308B) DPMS CMP Service Rifle 223, and 6.8 Rem Spc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#11]

I have one in my BAR-10 Bushmaster.......but I did have to put a factory AR15 hammer spring only in it

+1  I didn't have to put it in but I was warned I might get light primer strikes, so I kept it in.  I really like the trigger regardless.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a JP in a .458 SOCOM.  No problems to date, works fine.  Installed the ~4-4.5lb spring per their instructions.  Never has gone full auto, but it sure is a sweet trigger setup!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
So with the JP working properly in a AR10 is it safe to say that a Jewell trigger would fit as well that was made for a AR15 (as long as the pins are the same diameter)?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top